Too much seeds of Paradise!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePro

Reaction score
About three weeks ago, I got the AHB Fantome Saison kit. I was thinking it was the Fantome Printemps, but it was really the Autome kit =(. Anyways, I used the entire little packet of paradise seed (crushed, of course), and the beer came out very, very peppery.

I don't want to dump it. With some conditioning, it could mellow out after a month or two, but it will still be pretty harsh. Perhaps I could make mulled beer with it during the holidays? Perhaps I could blend it later on?

So, I ask you, HBT. What would you do with this beer?

Cook with it! Stews,marinades,sauces,mop sauces on the bbq. All kinds of good uses for that peppery beer. You could even cook seasoned rice in it for a side dish.

Cook with it! Stews,marinades,sauces,mop sauces on the bbq. All kinds of good uses for that peppery beer. You could even cook seasoned rice in it for a side dish.

Holy holy **** I can make the sickest barbecue sauce with this stuff! WOW What a good idea!

I've made mop sauces based on beers for years. On everything from a big beef roast to steaks -n-ribs. Can't be beat on pit bbq! Makes good pot roast gravy too! With taters,carrot,celery...very German.

The flavor will mellow with time. Forget about it for a few months and try it again then.

Back