Too much fining agent.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I use a liquid fining agent that calls to be used for 5 gallons. I am only doing a 1 gallon experiment. I didnt use all of the agent but I didn't by any means use the correct amount. Is it a bad thing if I used too much fining agent? Thanks!

Sorry, but no experience with that one. I can't imagine that fining agent can do damage though.

Not sure if anyone else has this issue. I’m new to cider making and I added dualfine to help clear my cider up. Now I have a thick looking Krausen on top? Is this something I should be worried about?

Super Kleer over dosed a bit shouldnt be a problem and will just drop out if not needed.
Hey everyone. I use a liquid fining agent that calls to be used for 5 gallons. I am only doing a 1 gallon experiment. I didnt use all of the agent but I didn't by any means use the correct amount. Is it a bad thing if I used too much fining agent? Thanks!

Good point. Ididnt think of that, I almost always let mine settle for 4 to 5 days while cold crashing.
Be sure to let it settle for at least a week. Super Kleer has a horrible medicinal taste unless you let every drop settle out before racking.

Back