Too much carbonation.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stagger5150

Reaction score
Most of my batches carbonate perfectly. I brewed an IPA and bottled it up. I let it sit for a week then took one bottle to test its progress. I put the bottle in the fridge overnight and drank the next day. It was over carbonated. Granted the bottles were sitting in a warm basement.

Should I put the whole batch in my brew fridge to stop the yeast from producing too much CO2 and halt the carbonation before it gets out of hand ?

Would this affect the Conditioning/mellowing process if I fridge them early ?

Thank You !!

I would let them finish bottle conditioning at a warm temperature, unless you are worried that the beer was bottled before fermentation was complete.

Excess CO2 from over priming can be released after conditioning for a few weeks.

Sounds good. Ill let it run its course.

Gravity went from 1.070 to 1.015 so I think it fermented through for the most part. We have a heat wave rolling through so I think it may have caused the yeast to be over active.....Beer is delicious though just a bit sudsy.

Back