too much beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superjunior

Reaction score
just got done bottling another batch with my brew crew and realized, man I've got a LOT of beer! just took a rough look at my inventory and I've got about 20 cases of beer :rockin: all 22 oz bombers and good stuff too. hoppy pale ales, ipas and so forth. So.. I've run in to my FIRST problem with brewing, I'm making it faster than I can drink it and running out of places to stash it :tank:

I have friends over to help alleviate problems like this. I start running low on bottles often.

Ive never had the problem that OP talks about. Too much beer belly? Thats another story...

I thought it was going to be bad to have 6 cases of beer for one guy. You're out of control! That's a lot of cash invested right there.

I thought it was going to be bad to have 6 cases of beer for one guy. You're out of control! That's a lot of cash invested right there.

I know, wife caught me trying to stash a case of beer in her shoe closet and she read me the riot act! than came the money issue thing. damn woman...

They say beer only comes in 2 amounts.

Too much and not enough

Like approaching the speed of light, approaching too much beer is relative. I think you'll find that once you break that boundary, indeed, you do not have enough beer. Something about inversion... best to brew more and avoid this relativistic inversion. Its the best thing you can do to protect the space-time continuum. I do my part and I think you should do yours.

Too much?? I really do not think that's possible... I currently have 30+ gallons going, with a couple full kegs and will be brewing more Thursday & Friday :)

Life is pain. Are you going to be ok?

just got done bottling another batch with my brew crew and realized, man I've got a LOT of beer! just took a rough look at my inventory and I've got about 20 cases of beer :rockin: all 22 oz bombers and good stuff too. hoppy pale ales, ipas and so forth. So.. I've run in to my FIRST problem with brewing, I'm making it faster than I can drink it and running out of places to stash it :tank:

Pay it forward eventually you won't have enough and someone you introduced to homebrew will be giving you some of theirs when you are running low.

Where in Ohio? I'd be glad to take some off your hands. I have the opposite problem where I don't have enough time to brew as much as I'd like so I usually only have one beer on tap at a time.

Like the amount, but why store them like wine you want the yeast on the bottom of the bottle not the side.

good point, but they usually don't sit there that long. my beers that are carbing are in the boxes, ones on the racks are ready for the fridge

Roughly 10 cases of homebrew bottled, two 5gal batches kegged and four 5 gallon batches in primary. One of them is apfelwine though.
IMG_9576.jpg

Plus this mini fridge of awesome Michigan Brews.
IMG_9578.jpg

Here is a closer look at the "aging" selection.
IMG_9575.jpg

Too much beer ... Individually I understand each of the words, but strung together as a sentence they just don't make any sense!
drunk4zc.gif

I have four full kegs and a case and a half of bottles and I am still worried about when I am going to squeeze in my next brew day!
Too much beer, can't happen!

I imposed a strict rule years back, I can only brew when I float a keg. Sometimes this means taking a keg to a homebrew meeting (although that option has been closed off by the idiots in Salem).

My problem is that I brew about 5 times a month and only drink around a bottle a day. So I got too much beer. So much so that I sometimes have to dump some to make room. Yeah, I know. Terrible.

Back