Toning down a Breezin Mist Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sudz

Reaction score
We just finished a Blackberry Merlot Wine Mist by Breezin. It's sweeter than expected which I guess is a result of the second juice addition after killing fermentation.

Has anyone experimented with adding some of the finishing juice to the initial fermentation and the remainder after the ferment as intended? I'm thinking by limiting the post addition to say about half, the results won't be near as sweet.

Just wondering if anyone else has given this a shot?

Thanks...

I can't remember where I read this, or if it's true (sorry, not a great source, I know), but I believe they include preservatives (sorbate and sulfite) which kill yeast and prevent spoilage, which makes sense since the pack is full of sugar.

I would recommend adding the sweetening pack to taste when you degas and add stabilizing additives. You would have to stir it often to taste test, but it would just degas the wine more.

Good point. I failed to consider the logic of having preservatives in the sweetener. Wouldn't work too well to add this to the ferment I'd imagine.

Thanks for the input. Very well may have saved the day...

Cheers,

Back