Tonight's bar score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongrel

Reaction score
The keezer build is set for the end of the summer (currently the fermentation chamber), but got really lucky and picked up the first tap handle tonight. Just as the final keg of Red Chair kicked for the season, and as the handle was being exchanged for Deschutes' summer seasonal Twilight, the waitress took off to the back room. I asked the owner what he wanted for the tap handle, and he ran after her, and came back and gave it to me. Sorry chica, no ebay for joo :D

red_chair.jpg

And it's not the bars to give away. It belongs to the brewery.

When I worked for a distributor the breweries would send boxes of taps. Some we gave to the bars, others (the real nice ones) were lent to the bar. Depending on the distributor and breweries they might give them away when the keg kicks.
I had a ton of tap handles, but got rid of them years ago.
"What will I ever use these for?" Doh!

When I worked for a distributor the breweries would send boxes of taps. Some we gave to the bars, others (the real nice ones) were lent to the bar. Depending on the distributor and breweries they might give them away when the keg kicks.
I had a ton of tap handles, but got rid of them years ago.
"What will I ever use these for?" Doh!

Yea. That's a better answer. The point I would make is that the more desirable ones are probably from smaller breweries or ones that the brewery (or distro) values and would not want the bar to give away.

Deschutes sells them new for $25. Seeing as this one is dinged up a little, I don't think they'll miss it.

Nice score for display. I don't understand using tap handles like this for serving though. You aren't serving Deschutes Red Chair, so why label the tap as such?

Back