Tomorrows dinner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foppa78

Reaction score
Tomorrow night we are going to the local brew pub for a special dinner and the main course is braised ox tail. Having never had this I dont know what I think about it. Anyone ever had ox tail before?

I've never had it, but we used to sell a lot of it back in my meatcutting days. I thought mostly people made soup out of it. Let us know how it is!

At least the beer will be good. It sounds interesting but I can't imagine that it will be good. Hopefully I am wrong.

Cooked right Ox Tails (tail of beef cattle) can be tender and delicious. Generally braised long and slow, it produces a rich sauce. You should be in for a treat if they are prepared right.

will they serve that will "real" tomato ketchup eddie?

vacation%20family%20truckster.jpg

***Update***
So we went to the dinner tonight and after some fine appetizers and salad they brought out the ox tail. I really didn't know what to think but it was actually extremely good. The meat on the bone was about as tender as I have ever had and the sauce they made was excellent. I was a skeptic but would have it again in a heart beat.

I love obscure foods and although this is fairly common in upscale restaurants that I have worked for it is still difficult to find...It is REEALLY GOOD..almost a pork type consistency when I had it..nice slight:mug: gamey taste that I like.

I had both pigs tail and lambs tail when I visited Spain. Both were phenominal! It's not like they just cut it off and put it in a pot. It is skinned first so that would take care of any preceived nasties. I had sweetbreads for the first time a month or so ago. They were quite good and I would order them again.

Back