token words piss me off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
none of this **** means anything. Its like a politician can say stimulus and everyone thinks they are brilliant or some bull****. ARGHHH!

i vote we drown kittens in protest of the war on terror against wmd's to help bailout the us by punishing all evil doers and their foreplay loving cuddling

Descriptors in general annoy me.

Liberal this...
Conservative that...
green energy...
green whatever...

I really don't care what my fellow HBT members believe or espouse politically...
I just want to know your killer IPA Recipe or Sure-Fire DIY solutions to brewing problems.

labels are for beer bottles.
'nuff said.

lockbox
war on [insert morally irrelevant issue to war here]
[insert flavor of the day] czar
drinkability

Triple hopped.
Stimulus package.

Wait, no, 'stimulus package' makes me giggle like a girl whenever I hear hot newscasters say it.

Economically: challenged, deprived, deficient,...

What should be said: We are poor/broke!

Political buzzwords in general to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

stop watching the news.

+1. I was just on vacation for a week and had a TV in our room. I watched some news channels for a little bit... I can't believe people actually watch that garbage. The printed word and radio is so vastly superior to that the garbage they put on TV.

If you stop watching TV, you can just laugh at buzz words because it becomes so clear that they are ridiculous and it is easier to skim over them when some talking head isn't yelling them at you.

"green" irritates me. Like it is something new. Bah! I considered myself to be an environmentalist many years ago. Not now, I don't want to be associated with those sandal wearing rope smokers.

A work that is used way too much at work. "unacceptable" Every time someone says it I have an urge to vomit all over them. "How's that for unacceptable spanky?"

Jeez, I can tell I'm going to start drinking early today. Hell, it's after noon. I might just start now.

yes indeed, green sux a$$
also, "information super highway"... lol stfu already

how about, " synergy" (spelling asside I am brewing and drinking :)

or "900 pound gorrilla" (used a sh*t load by retarded pontificating pendantic businessmen who really have no freeeking idea what they are talking about)

1. Any letter to the editor with the word "ilk" as in "he and his ilk."

2. Play on political party names: e.g., Rethuglicans, Dummiecrats, etc. It isn't witty or clever. Stop it.

3. I don't why...I can't stand the word dollop.

4. My absolute least favorite word in the english language...."inappropriate." It means anything and nothing. I work with too many social workers and shrinks who toss it out like so many "you knows."

token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words
token words

Yeah, the whole "green" thing gets on my nerves. Worse than that:
Hybrid
Give me a break! They need to cut the crap and go right to hydrogen. "ooh but a hydrogen tank in your car would be like having a bomb on board" WTF do they think a tank of gasoline and a grid of Lithium-ion batteries are? Cake? Not to mention the technician who has to service the fugger(=me)can potentially be shocked and killed by it! Rant over.
Cheers,
Brian

Organic - oh, what a relief! It's not made of rocks!

Hahahahaha!!!! That one drives me nuts too... "Oh look, its organic! That makes it better even though its the same damn thing, just at twice the price!" Reminds me of a sketch I saw where people were given bottles of water to compare in a taste test, and were told how "clean, unprocessed, and natural" they were, and these people were eating it up and giving all these critiques on it. Come to find out it wall all coming from the same garden hose behind the building :D Put a fancy label on it, charge twice as much, and some one is going to buy it and look down on everything else :rolleyes:

"Green" bugs me because in half its usages it just means, "I am doing my part in helping the environment by passing the blame on to someone else..."

"Animal rights" bugs the tar out of me. Now don't get me wrong, my life is dedicated to the care and well-being of animals("Animal welfare" if you will), but to give "rights" to an animal when the majority of humans on this planet don't have any "rights" is absurd. (Not to say that humans are any better or different than animals, or that there are no rights but instead privileges we are allowed to enjoy, but those are different topics... )

*EDIT*

i-anything (ipod, iphone, imac, etc.) "Wow, lets sell a trend with sup-par over-priced electronics that no one really needs, but will sell their left kidney to obtain in this economy because you are not anyone without this image!" Not that I am opinionated or anything :D

I hate it when people introduce themselves as "your boy." Watch cribs or listen to any rap song and you will know what I mean.

The phrase "STATE OF THE ART" drives me INSANE. That phrase has NO MEANING, WHATSOEVER.

"We're gonna build 'state of the art' schools"
"Updating hospitals with 'state of the art' equipment"
"Giving public workers 'state of the art' integration systems"

And you know what else.... EFFICIENCY!!!!........... BS period.

super-sized
new & improved
and that freakin "green" crap!

"new and improved" Wow, so its new AND you made it better than the original!!! Thats freaking amazing! Where do you keep the time machine you used to go forward in time, find out what was wrong, then come back and improve your product? This I gotta buy.... :D

Back