token words piss me off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"gone missing"

I can "go" shopping at a store. I can "go" eating at a cafe. I can "go" drinking at a bar. How can I "go" missing? It just seems to be an odd use of words to me.

Hahahahaha!!!! That one drives me nuts too... "Oh look, its organic! That makes it better even though its the same damn thing, just at twice the price!" Reminds me of a sketch I saw where people were given bottles of water to compare in a taste test, and were told how "clean, unprocessed, and natural" they were, and these people were eating it up and giving all these critiques on it. Come to find out it wall all coming from the same garden hose behind the building :D Put a fancy label on it, charge twice as much, and some one is going to buy it and look down on everything else :rolleyes:

Effin' A. I see now that Frito Lay company is putting all kinds of "green" sh*t on their chip bags...the other day I was eating some tortilla chips, and you look at the bag, and you see all these pictures on the back of green leaves, and it says "made with natural oil".

Natural, eh? As opposed to...? I'm so sick and tired of this whole "it's natural, it's from da earth!". News flash: unless you're eating moon rocks, then everything you eat is from the earth! Jagoffs.

Oooh, oooh! I wanna play!

ANY administrative buzzwords that basically mean "you need to work harder for less money and smile while we fook you"

Examples:

Pick the low-hanging fruit
Think outside the box
Close the loop on that
Expand the paradigm
At the end of the day
Let's get that streamlined
Enhance communications

All of the above just make my blood boil.

Arrrgh!

Latest posts

Back