Today's super score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ego Archive

Reaction score
So I was able to snag one of these used from a local guy off of Craigslist.

It's a little bent, and has a small crack on the base, but otherwise in good shape.

For... $60!

He sold me a party pig with the pump, for $10 too.

How cool is that? Now I have to figure out how I'm going to set this up. I'm contemplating running some trunk line from a fridge in the basement up to a island type unit in the kitchen, but I'm still working out the specs.

Beyond that he seemed like a really cool guy, and suggested that I stop in at one of the local brew club meetings coming up, so I'll probably check it out.

Great day all around. I just had to tell someone who might appreciate how cool this is. When I told the wife, she was like - "oh, that's nice..."

That's cool!

What's the diff between glycol vs product?
Just two standards of lines? Or all 4 able to be used or what..

That's cool!

What's the diff between glycol vs product?
Just two standards of lines? Or all 4 able to be used or what..

Glycol is the coolant that keeps the beer cold, kinda like radiator fluid. Product lines are what the beer flows through. I'm also gathering the blue colored lines are for cold, and red is for warm glycol.

Glycol is the coolant that keeps the beer cold, kinda like radiator fluid. Product lines are what the beer flows through. I'm also gathering the blue colored lines are for cold, and red is for warm glycol.

That's my assumption too. The glycol lines on my tower are a bit bigger (say 5/16" to 3/16", just at a glance) then the tap lines, but I assume there is a way to adapt that trunk to the tower.

I just bought this tower off Ebay. It's coolant lines are copper tubing with fittings at the end. I was thinking of having some kind of tub with RV Anitfreeze in it and a small pond pump to push the coolant through it, but don't know if that is the best route or not. Anybody have any better ideas? How are you planning on hooking up your glycol lines?
I have taken it apart, and there is going to be more work to this than I thought. The brass isn't in good shape. Anybody know how to get the water spots out of brass other than just using brass polish? I might end up sanding the brass parts and just having a body shop paint them.

4eb0_1.JPG

5deb_1.JPG

I just bought this tower off Ebay. It's coolant lines are copper tubing with fittings at the end. I was thinking of having some kind of tub with RV Anitfreeze in it and a small pond pump to push the coolant through it, but don't know if that is the best route or not. Anybody have any better ideas? How are you planning on hooking up your glycol lines?
I have taken it apart, and there is going to be more work to this than I thought. The brass isn't in good shape. Anybody know how to get the water spots out of brass other than just using brass polish? I might end up sanding the brass parts and just having a body shop paint them.

View attachment 8062

View attachment 8063

Don't know if the same is true for brass, but for silver there is the usual polish, and then also a compound that actually "dissolves" tiny layers of the silver to remove stains by actually removing the stained layer of silver. I dont know how deep stains can run through metal, but its worth looking into I would think.

Back