Today is my one year brewversary! (w/pic of the birthday brew!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davekippen

Reaction score
One year ago today I brewed my first batch. I have a few left so I poured myself a pint. It was a brewers best Bock kit and I didnt know anything. Tomorrow I am brewing an all grain Saison with fresh cracked spices and a starter that is spinning away on a DIY stir plate and will go in a temperature controlled chamber for fermentation. Life is good!

Cheers! :mug:

IMAG1100.jpg

Its good. I remember that I just about boiled my grains so there was a lot of tannen in the final product. It has subsided quite a bit. Very drinkable!!

My first anniversary is about a week away. I have my first original in the fermenter, to be racked to secondary on Thursday. I might bottle on 1/20; taste on 2/9.

I remember my first batch - it was sour, cloudy, over-carbonated, and had...thingies...in it. It was absolutely terrible, but it was mine.

Congrats! My 1 year is in February. I've also moved on to all grain, temp control ferm chamber, and yeast starters. Getting closer to a kegerator this year. Cheers!

I ordered my Cooper's micro brew kit on 1/15/11. First batch was pitched on 1/30/11. Hpefully my partial mash ale will be ready by then. 2 years! :tank:

Back