Today is a sad day..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tally350z

Reaction score
Woke up today to a seized up compressor in my chest freezer. Had about 14 gallons of beer in there. At least the best part is that black friday is only a week away so I can look for a new one.

Have a beer in its memory..:mug:

The important part of the story - was the beer ok?

I hope so. I managed to pull the kegs out and put it in my fermentation chamber. The temp got up to 60 ish, and I can only get the ferm temp down to low 60's. I will wait and see if its ok.

Warmed up kegs should not pose much of a problem. It would have been far worse if it was your fermentation chamber.

You don't have to wait for Black Friday. The sales have already started.

I am going to try and get the same freezer, that way all I have to do is switch the tops.

Sorry for your loss

Do keezers actually break down much more often than keggerators or are keezer owners just more vocal about? I ask this as someone that would love for their converted fridge to die so that they could justify building a keezer.

Beer should be fine. I've had beer out of fridge for a year in my basement. Gets in low 70's in the heat of summer. Was beers that I wanted aged though. Anything odd in you lineup?

Lid switch. ... nice way to save time! :mug:

The beer should be fine. If you don't like it just ship it to me! Have a good one!

Back