Today is a good day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabot

Reaction score
Shipyard's Pumpkinhead Ale was released today, and I was able to get ahold of a 1/6 barrel of it to put on tap at my bar. This is probably the only seasonal ale that I look forward to. Ontop of that, my birthday was yesterday, and this Friday/Sat I'm having a slew of old friends over from all over New England for a little birthday bash! As I said, today is a good day. Any other pumpkinheads out there??

And to stay with the spirit of the board, I also got all of the grain I need today to brew up 20 gallons of Edwort's Haus Pale next weekend (10 gal for a buddy's wedding and then 10 gal for me)

:rockin:

Happy Birthday and enjoy the weekend.

I do not like the Pumpkinhead ale, sorry.

Honestly, Shipyard is my least favorite pumpkin beer. You should try Dogfish Heads Punkin, Southern Tiers Pumking, and Brooklyn Post Road. Much tastier pumpkin beers in my opinion.

i would also like to hate on shipyard as there pumpkin ale is like drinking lucifer's piss.

Wow, these are some pretty raw responses. I've never had Shipyards Pumpkin Ale, but I guess I need to seek it out now (for better or worse).

regardless of whether it is a good beer or not, it is august freaking 13th and pumpkin beers are coming out. in a year or two I'll be having my pumpkin beers for St. Pattys day.

oh yeah. Happy B-day, and have fun brewing up the haus

Hatred abound for the pumpkinhead! Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. To each their own. Some people eat anchovies, some people eat goat eyeballs, I drink pumpkinhead. I honestly do like it, so if all these other pumpkin beers you all speak of actually are better, I really want to get my hands on them to give em a shot! (I'm in Maine, does anyone know where I could find any of these?)

The beers i mentioned are all East coast, so you should be able to find them. I think Smuttynose produces a pumpkin beer, so there is a local one for you.

Back