To those making a brewstand...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They appear to have a number of styles. Great find!

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1280&bih=627&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=King+Kooker+Outdoor+Propane+Patio+Cart&oq=King+Kooker+Outdoor+Propane+Patio+Cart&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=12891l12891l0l1l1l0l0l0l0l255l255l2-1l1[/ame]

Even better. Hopefully next year I'll have the space/money/equipment that requires something like this.

The angle iron is pretty sturdy, it has to be otherwise there would be a lot of lawsuits of burn victims. The bolt together aspect would worry me a little. If I bought one of these and it looked a little unstable during a test run, I would just add a couple of cross braces or take it to a welder. If I didn't already have a system (half ass'd but it works for me) I would buy it.

I own this burner and I like it. It is plenty sturdy enough. I use it to heat up my water for strike/mash out/sparge and to boil the wort. I have 10g Igloo cooler as my MLT so I do not use it for that.

I own this burner and I like it. It is plenty sturdy enough. I use it to heat up my water for strike/mash out/sparge and to boil the wort. I have 10g Igloo cooler as my MLT so I do not use it for that.

I was thinking of using the top burner for HLT, put up some Hardi Backer and putting the 10 Gal on the larger bottom burner (obviously without flame), and then gravity feed my turkey fryer on the ground. As you own the unit would you think this would be feasible?

I was thinking of using the top burner for HLT, put up some Hardi Backer and putting the 10 Gal on the larger bottom burner (obviously without flame), and then gravity feed my turkey fryer on the ground. As you own the unit would you think this would be feasible?

Wait, so avoid the using the more powerful burner at all? The bottom burner is really low to the ground. I have a ball valve on my pot and there is no way I could drain anything from the bottom burner to something else.

Here is what I do with it. I use the top burner to heat strike water and put my 10 igloo on the bottom one with no flame. Then I drain into the cooler. I move the cooler to my back steps deck which happens to be the perfect height. Then heat water with the top one for mash out and batch sparge. Finally I drain from the cooler to the pot which is on the bottom burner. This could be accomplished with a stand, but my deck is the right height and I put the burner right next to it.

If you want the traditional 3 tier setup with 3 burners I would build a stand that is higher then the top burner and attach a propane burner. Then you could fly sparge and so on.

Exactly what I am getting, MLT/RIMS toolbox on ground, HLT on top burner, gravity drain dough-in and sparge water to MLT, then pump to BK on bottom burner.

I love the posibilities of this 3 burner model but does anyone know if it is sturdy enough and big enough for 3 keggles? I don't mind doing some reinforcing and adding casters but I'm wondering about the size.

well, I would consider this if I didn't just buy 300 lbs of steel for a stand. :)

Great find, and awesome posibilities here.

i like this... for 150$, that would barely buy the steel and the burner...

unfortunately for me costco in canada doesn't have it! :(

Back