To rack or not rack??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckCollins

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Brewed a AHS Double Choclate Stout on the 6th of Nov and I just took a reading of 1.018 and the final should of been 1.014 should I let it sit in the Pri
for 1 more week and then bottle it or move it to a 2nd and then bottle it?
thoughts, hints????

Check it again in a week. This is a dark beer, so clarifying isn't an issue.

Actually, if this were me, I'd let it go a couple weeks at least. You should be able to keg it at the end of the month and have it carbed up in time. Letting it sit on the yeast cake until then will improve it more than sitting in the keg.

Ok thanks ,If I want to Bottle it for the 11th when should i bottle it ? Plus is my reading ok I am nervous about the temp in the house it is reading about 64,66 or 68 but not much higher I used a WLB London Ale 013 .

Thanks

If you're going to bottle, you'll want to give it three weeks to carbonate. But if you keg and force carb you can cut that shorter and give it more time in the fermenter.

Your SG is a little high, but not horribly so for a stout. Giving it some time will give it a chance to drop a few points. Your temps don't look bad. Maybe a hair warm if those are the ambient temps rather than the temp of your beer, but not bad.

Thanks
This my 1ST Stout and I know it was kinda late in the game to have it ready
for the 11TH of Dec for a Party ,We normally to stick the Hefeweizen beer.

Back