to colour or not to colour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XELA

Reaction score
i know there both **** but whats best? colour or no colour?

label.jpg

beerbirdwithwormmorecolour.jpg

second one looks like its been done with a creyon! LMAO

I kind of like the first one. It goes more with the fact that it's a 'pale ale'. If you were doing a brown ale, or english ale i would go for the coloured one.

I like grayscale pictures, it gives it a really simple look.. However the color looks really good... I'd say for Amber-Red-Brown beers do the color, for really Pale or really Dark beers do the b&w

yea i know the feet are messed up :p

i like the black n white one too but my "artistic friend" said the colour one

thanks

Lol, hey I don't think they are all that bad....give yourself a little more credit. Actually I kind of like the way it is presented. Simple and rustic with a really good theme going on. I would keep it simple. B&W imo.

:p thanks!

ill just fix the leg.. maybe move the words a little bit?

how bad is the name tho? lol

at least its simple, the way i like things

XELA said:
:p thanks!

ill just fix the leg.. maybe move the words a little bit?

how bad is the name tho? lol

at least its simple, the way i like things

You know if you want to tweak it, here's what I'd do. Start by moving the text up about 1/3 the distance that it is now and scale it slightly larger or scale the image down respectively. Then encompass the whole thing with a single black line oval. Have the feet grasp the edge of the glass. Then when you bottle, cut oval labels. Other than that I wouldn't change the lettering style or picture or anything else.

On the whole I really like this because it has depth of meaning.

Then encompass the whole thing with a single black line oval. - you mean the pic an everythin or jus the writtin?

Yup the whole thing. That way you can get away with oval labels which I think would really present your theme very well.

ok.. il try an do what you said, but im not very good usin software.. :p

ill repost when iv changed it

Yup lookin good, I'd just scale the image (bird and glass) down just a wee bit (like %85 of its current size). Looks nice! :mug:

Back