To Bottle, To Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveGEsq

Reaction score
So it's only been 9 days but my hydro is telling me I'm at my target FG. Do I bottle now or let it go for another 12 days (as the instructions suggest leaving in secondary for 14 days)?

Let it sit. Just because you are at the intended FG doesn't mean that fermentation is complete. It likely is complete, but letting it sit will let it clarify and result I'm a better beer overall.

Don't ever follow those stupid instructions. Observe the beer and make decisions based on what you see and what your instruments tell you. Bottom line is it doesn't really matter that much either way. You could let it condition some more in the secondary, or you could let it condition in the bottles.

let it sit. The yeast will do some clean up even if the SG is stable. No need to secondary.

Just to be clear, I already racked to secondary and it's sitting there. I will let the beer be for another 2 Saturdays....

I always let mine sit 3-7 days after I get a stable FG to settle out clear or slightly misty. It also cleans up after itself at the same time.

Let it sit. Fewer off flavors, clearer beer, better end result. Bottling after 9 days will certainly result in inferior beer as opposed to what you could have had.

Does it make any difference if I intend to keg? Still let it sit? Start carbing? other?

Latest posts

Back