To bottle or not to bottle...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nkacree

Reaction score
I've got a NB Bourbon Barrel Porter in the primary and was hoping for input on whether I should bottle or keg?

Opinions?

Thanks!

NA:tank:

Given the option I choose keg. Less cleaning, force carb and much faster. The reason most home brewers go to kegging is so they don't have to bottle.

That being said, it can depend on the batch size you are brewing and what you want to do with your beer. If you're going to drink it at home, keg; if you want to share it with all your friends and they aren't going to come to your house, perhaps bottling would be better.

There is always the debate over force carbonation and bottle conditioning; I say CO2 is CO2 and do what you like, but other will disagree. I've done, and still do, both methods of carbonation with great success.

You can always keg the majority of it and bottle what you want with carbonation drops. Link

Is there a specific reason why you would want to keg vs bottle?

Is there a specific reason why you would want to keg vs bottle?

I agree with the time issue. I just like the idea of this beer sitting in a bottle for a few weeks considering it'll already be in the primary and secondary for a month (combined). Whats another two weeks?

Plus I seem to ration my bottled beer better than I do in the kegs. It helps when you can visualize how much you have left before its all gone! :)

Thanks for the input.

Latest posts

Back