To Boil or not to boil.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jg12333

Reaction score
I dont think your supposed to boil the apple juice. but i was wondering if anyone does. And i made a cider yesterday with a pound of carmel malt and a half pound of chocolate i let the grains steep for 30 min at 150 in a few quarts of water and i just added the appel juice into the pot and siphoned into the fermentor without boiling. And im worried since i used the grains and did not boil i may get an infection. does anyone think this would be a likely and serious problem?

Oh Yeah how long is this TERRIBLE smell supposed to last I started fermentatiuon yesterday and the room its in smells like a stink bomb factory.

Campden should help kill off any badies if you throw some in 24 hours before you pitch your yeast. I don't deal with yeast (yet) so I am not sure. For the future though, you could boil the grains, let it cool to more around 100 or so, throw in your apple juice and that should help cool it down to pitching temps without the worry of not boiling the grains or the worry of boiling the juice.

Hi Killian like you avatar check out what your IRA are doing now

The Omagh Bomb: The massacre in Omagh, 15 August 1998

Northern Bank robbery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

is this not what criminals do, o and here

BBC NEWS | Northern Ireland | Policeman shot dead in N Ireland

yip real heroes, just think how you would feel if a policeman is shot in America by terrorists/criminals

I know im only new here but it is totally Disrespectful and distasteful. i've had family members and close friends murdered by the IRA.

Back