Titletown USA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/titletown/index

"It's not New York. It's not Green Bay. It's not L.A. Valdosta is TitleTown USA."

Yay us!

When my family moved here 15 or so years ago, people would ask if it was so I could play football for Valdosta High School. That was very common back then. I'm not much on sports, so no, that wasn't why we moved here. heh

That whole thing was a frickin joke, dont get me wrong I'm glad it went to a little guy over someplace like LA, but there are dozens of little towns like Valdosta that dominate their state in HS sports. Valdosta just has a few collegiate ones to make it look better. Theres some school in FL that hasnt lost a wrestling match in 30+ yrs but I didnt see them on the list, and theres probably somewhere that has won like every girls basketball state championship for 20 yrs or something stupid like that and they werent on the list. Who even decides which sports they looked at and which ones they didnt? Some people think cheerleading is a sport (clearly its not) but those people might argue. Its just funny what espn will come up with to talk about, this was before Brett Favre unretired so at least we didn't have to hear that 8 hrs a day too.

I hate it when SportsCenter needs to do some crappy gimmick in the summer. I never thought they could top last year's Who's Now?, but it looks like they did.

I live in Norwalk, OH we are famous for our nasty strain of virus that we invented. :)

Every time I hear that the Norwalk virus has ruined a cruise by making all the passengers violently ill, or closed a school for a couple of weeks, it always brings a tear of pride to my eye. I'm welling up with pride for my small town even as I type this.

Whenever ESPN drags out that guy Chris something who used to be on MTV, I change the channel immediately. I don't watch Sportscenter to be told where Titletown is or what kid with a rare illness got to meet his favorite steroid freak....I watch it for freakin' sports highlights like the show is intended.
Your heartwarming stories have no effect on me, ESPN! Now show me Blue Jays/Royals highlights!

Back