tired of bottling...need advice on kegging equipment.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeasty

Reaction score
i have a sankey style kegerator already.

i also have the corny kegs and fittings for those.

i need advice on lines and adaptors to use my existing commercial
keg set-up with the corny kegs and 3/16 fittings.

is there a thread or website that can walk me though what i need someone
can link me to ?

thanks in advance...tired of washing bottles !

I just changed over to a corny set up from a sankey.
The hardest part was finding the adapter to go from the co2 regulator valve to a 1/4 in hose fitting. (All my stuff is 1/4 inch). Your best bet is to take all of the fittings to the hardware store or big box home improvement store and start putting it together right there.
One other option is to cut the existing lines and do the change over in the middle of the line. Is not very clean, and then is harder to return to sankey usage.
As for the hook up themselves, grey goes to CO2 tank, black to tap. Very easy.

Good luck

I did this very thing, and the air line that came with my sanke set-up used 5/16 ID air line. I just got some hose clamps and clamped the crap out of the 5/16 ID air line onto the 3/16 fittings for my cornies. That was 4 1/2 years ago. I've never had a problem, even when I crank it up to 30 PSI to force carb. I'm in process of setting up 2 more taps on my fridge and I'm going to use 1/4 with clamps for all my air lines.

I had the same issue as you, and the guy at Homebrew USA got me to buy some adapters for the sankey tap. Basically, they are male threads on one side that fit the corney keg nuts, and flat on the other. You put those on the sankey tap, and then, all you need to do is unscrew the corney keg fittings, and then screw them on the sankey when you want to drink crappy... I mean, store-bought beer.

so its just a plumbing issue. whatever connects will work ?
I think you just answered your own question, but I kinda like the above mentioned idea. Whatever works for you.
I replaced my beer line, because it was over 5 years old and had crimp connectors, and my air line was 5/16 or maybe even 3/8 which I replaced with 1/4 inch hose. I have no beer in the keg and it has held pressure for 6 days at 30 psi.

Back