Tiny Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryclo

Reaction score
Have the top made, decided to go with a twin tower and recessed drip tray. I am not even going to use the original lid at all. I built the frame out of reclaimed decking and plywood and will be tiling the whole top. I think I will be painting the body a nice dark brown to match some of our furniture. Finished pics to come!:rockin::ban::tank:

keezer-01.jpg

Looking good. What size freezer is that, will it only hold 2 5 gal cornies + the co2?

5 cubic foot, I can squeeze two ball lock kegs in the deep part and get my co2 and a 3 gal keg on the other side...

top is tiled and insulated, I still need to mount the tower and hinges and paint the bottom and I will be all set!

tiled.jpg

Thanks, I think it will look great when I am done... Perhaps my wife will let me keep it in the house when its done?

what kind of project box did you use for that temp controller? It looks like the ebay aquarium temp controller like I have, but I haven't figured out a decent setup. It's in a small plastic container right now but I'm not happy with it.

thanks for the kind words! I used a three gang outlet but I will be using the new thermostat guide soon so I wont need it. I will probably save it for a fermenter freezer down the road! Home depot has some awesome sealed plastic boxes that would work really good and are really cheap!

Wow. That's nice. Is that a top load small dorm fridge???

Nope, just a standard chest freezer. If I had to do it again, I would have bought the tile first and sized the collar height to match three tiles so I didnt have to cut the side tiles all around.

progress has been made... Still need to paint the bottom and shim the lid but it fits great! Too bad my amber ale keg kicked last night so I still have not poured my first pint yet...

keezer_closeed.jpg

keezer_open.jpg

Back