Time make's it better... to a point.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
Cracked open the last bottle of my APA that I brewed over the summer and I can conclusively say that the lifespan of this beer is somewhat LESS than 6 months. It was decidedly BLEAH. Not infected or anything. Just kind of tasted like if you left a beer out for a couple days, force carbonated it and chilled it down. Just... nothing there. Bleah.

edit: and apparently it causes me to throw in apostrophes where they aren't needed as well.

I found a bottle of my first AG (eds haus ale) from march of last year mixed in with emptys last week and i agree lighter beers dont age as well as some of the bigger ones.it lacked body and flavor it could have been just a bad beer but my noob ness didnt know back then hmm thoughts to ponder:drunk:

Well, this was the last bottle from the batch that placed second in BOS in the HBT comp, so I don't think it was just a bad beer and my palate has gotten better. The beer definitely deteriorated. Good excuse to drink more of 'em when they're fresh! :mug:

Hoppy doesn't last. One of the advantages of kegging is you can dry hop a beer that has lost its aroma.

Back