TiltBridge - Tilt-to-WiFi Device for Tilt Hydrometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Chris05

Reaction score
I got the latest Lolin Pr032 D module rev 3, along with Lolin 2.4 Tft and cable from Thorrak.
Using Brewflasher 1.01 and the Ch340 driver. Have tried loading the firmware (v1.0.2)Tft 3 times ,each time choosing wipe all data option. Brewflasher reports success. I unplug/replug usb cable, but all I see is blank screen and flashing led on pcb .

Recommendations on how to proceed ?

Thanks

OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got the latest Lolin Pr032 D module rev 3, along with Lolin 2.4 Tft and cable from Thorrak.
Using Brewflasher 1.01 and the Ch340 driver. Have tried loading the firmware (v1.0.2)Tft 3 times ,each time choosing wipe all data option. Brewflasher reports success. I unplug/replug usb cable, but all I see is blank screen and flashing led on pcb .

Recommendations on how to proceed ?

Thanks
What exactly does the Brewflasher log say?

Do you see a new wireless network come up if you look on another device (named TiltBridge)?

Chris05

Reaction score
Found the problem. The Tft screen was showing white, but no display,
so I unpowered reseated the tft cable at both ends, rebooted and is now working. :)

Chris05

Reaction score
Ok, got the Tilt connected to Tiltbridge, color, temp and gravity are display on Ttf screen and my browser, sweet :)
Thanks alot for a cool product !!

GoeHaarden

The best advice is unsolicited
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
@Thorrak - Thank you so much for this! Tiltbridge is awesome - I get to free up an rPi3 now.

Recently started tinkering with esp32's and I'm kind of blown away with what you did with this little inexpensive board. Pretty cool!

Bushey

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am looking to build a tiltbridge using the instructions here and the website. When I go to the link for the TFT Screen at AliExpress, it says "item no longer available" and can not order it. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32919729730.html

I've searched but am unable to locate something similar. Anyone have any suggestions where to find a similar screen that will work with the Lolin D32 PRO and case?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Bushey

Reaction score
Were you looking for the large screen or the small all-in-one setup?
I am looking for the larger screen 3-piece (screen, board, and cable) version. The board and cable are available from aliexpress, but the TFT screen shows not available. Looks like I could just order the all-in-one Heltec board instead - any pros/cons between the two, other than screen size? I'm only running 1 tilt hydrometer. Thanks!

Reaction score
The Heltec is a little more stable for whatever reason. You don't notice the instability of the TFT if you don't look at the "about" page at the uptime. :)

If you get that one, note that it's a USB-C and you will want to make sure you get a data cable. I can't tell you how many times I've grabbed a charging-only cable.

Bushey

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the info! I just ordered the Heltec and will be sure to use a data cable.

theglobalguy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for the larger screen 3-piece (screen, board, and cable) version. The board and cable are available from aliexpress, but the TFT screen shows not available. Looks like I could just order the all-in-one Heltec board instead - any pros/cons between the two, other than screen size? I'm only running 1 tilt hydrometer. Thanks!
FYI, the TFT screen is back in stock again; just ordered a few.

Bago-0

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Tiltbridge set up to log in Fermentrack and working great. I use beersmith and wanted to also log to google sheets so I can import data to beersmith. Can the tiltbridge send to fermentrack and google sheets or does it have to be one or the other. I dont want to mess with google sheets setup if it will prevent fermentrack logging.

OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Tiltbridge set up to log in Fermentrack and working great. I use beersmith and wanted to also log to google sheets so I can import data to beersmith. Can the tiltbridge send to fermentrack and google sheets or does it have to be one or the other. I dont want to mess with google sheets setup if it will prevent fermentrack logging.
It can do both simultaneously.

Does beersmith have an API?

OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Quick announcement - I just pushed the latest version of TiltBridge live:

v1.1.0 - Grainfather and Taplistio Support
  • Added Grainfather as a push target
  • Added Taplistio as a push target
  • Fixed typo in Brewfather log messages
  • Added placeholder page when waiting for the first GSheets push
  • Added 24 hour reboot timer to improve overall stability
  • Shorten logo display time by 60%
  • Added reboot if reconnecting to WiFi fails after some time
  • Send 'uniq_id' as part of MQTT config messages
  • Change MQTT keep alive timing to seconds to match MQTT spec
  • Replaced WiFi management libraries & WiFi reconnection process
  • Refactored configuration storage backend for performance
  • Changed "Invert TFT" option to also work for OLED screens

v1.1.0 is available via BrewFlasher, Fermentrack's firmware flash workflow, or via direct download on GitHub.

Docod44

Reaction score
I was able to flash my board and it detects my Tilt no problem. The issue that I can't figure out is how to get it to log to Brewfather. I added my Tilt device to my current batch, added the Brewfather API to the titlbridge via the web settings, and started a new log in the Tilt app and now it's not logging anything. I used the string of numbers at the end of the web address under the Tilt in the Brewfather settings, is there a different one that I have to use?

OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to flash my board and it detects my Tilt no problem. The issue that I can't figure out is how to get it to log to Brewfather. I added my Tilt device to my current batch, added the Brewfather API to the titlbridge via the web settings, and started a new log in the Tilt app and now it's not logging anything. I used the string of numbers at the end of the web address under the Tilt in the Brewfather settings, is there a different one that I have to use?
This is with the latest version? If so, I just tested it, and it seems to be working fine on my end.

To your question about ID - yes -- you need to flip the "switch" in Brewfather on the Settings page next to "Custom Stream" (NOT Tilt) which will then display the target URL. Then, you copy the characters to the right of where it says id=. The URL should be similar to: http://log.brewfather.net/stream?id=ABcDeEFgGHi -- you would copy the ABcDeEFgGHi bit to TiltBridge.

Last edited:

Docod44

Reaction score
The Custom Stream key was the part I was missing. I had been using the characters at the end of the Tilt stream. Everything is working great now, thank you!

OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The Custom Stream key was the part I was missing. I had been using the characters at the end of the Tilt stream. Everything is working great now, thank you!
No worries - you definitely aren't alone in having encountered that! At some point if I rebuild the web interface I'll likely change it so you paste in the full URL and it kicks out an error if the URL you paste has /tilt/ in it, but that's a ways off.

OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just released my latest project - BrewFlasher Web Edition! Flash TiltBridge (or a number of other projects!) to your controller, directly from the comfort of your web browser!

This project took all the magic of BrewFlasher, and stuck it in a web app. Flash any ESP8266/ESP32 firmware supported by BrewFlasher, straight from your web browser. No downloads needed.

BrewFlasher Web Edition is available at: BrewFlasher Web Edition

The code is open source, and is available at GitHub.

Note - Due to the APIs required, BrewFlasher Web Edition only works in recent desktop versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Opera. If you don't use one of those browsers, try BrewFlasher desktop edition instead.