Quantcast

TiltBridge - Tilt-to-WiFi Device for Tilt Hydrometer

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

pletch

Reaction score
So... I figured out the issue. See above someone posted previously their screen.
That is V1.0.0. Currently the ones on sale are V1.1.0. See my image below. The new version flipped the screen 180 (which also flips the offset of the screen on the board).
I am in the process of building a Tiltbridge for my dad and have hacked together a private fork that will also relay data to an MQTT broker for storage in a local InfluxDB instance.

I ordered the recommended lolin parts for the assembly and also just received version 1.1.0 TFT screen with the screen orientation rotated.

FYI for anyone adventuresome enough to compile their own firmware by pulling the source from github, you can fix this issue by updating the default setRotation for the TFT display from 3 to 1 in line 288 of the bridge_lcd.cpp file. This will rotate the display so that the orientation on the 1.1.0 screen is the same as the 1.0.0 version. I haven't printed a case yet but I am hoping this will address the issue with the screen fitting the standard Thorak Tiltbridge TFT case design.

Attachments

OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the process of building a Tiltbridge for my dad and have hacked together a private fork that will also relay data to an MQTT broker for storage in a local InfluxDB instance.

I ordered the recommended lolin parts for the assembly and also just received version 1.1.0 TFT screen with the screen orientation rotated.

FYI for anyone adventuresome enough to compile their own firmware by pulling the source from github, you can fix this issue by updating the default setRotation for the TFT display from 3 to 1 in line 288 of the bridge_lcd.cpp file. This will rotate the display so that the orientation on the 1.1.0 screen is the same as the 1.0.0 version. I haven't printed a case yet but I am hoping this will address the issue with the screen fitting the standard Thorak Tiltbridge TFT case design.
Yeah, I need to make that configurable. Sorry about that...
:(

pletch

Reaction score
I haven't printed a case yet but I am hoping this will address the issue with the screen fitting the standard Thorak Tiltbridge TFT case design.
After rereading cnash' post, it looks like I am still going to have an issue with the screen offset and the opening will still have to be shifted over by the 6mm he suggested. The screen is not symmetric relative to the mounting holes.

It may make more sense to leave the code as is and have a revised case design to accommodate the new screen version.

OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After rereading cnash' post, it looks like I am still going to have an issue with the screen offset and the opening will still have to be shifted over by the 6mm he suggested. The screen is not symmetric relative to the mounting holes.

It may make more sense to leave the code as is and have a revised case design to accommodate the new screen version.
There is a revised case design thanks to @gromitdj - I just need to post it. Sorry about that...

darynsd

Reaction score
I used my TiltBridge for my last brew and it worked great! My only question is regarding the date and time reported to Google Sheets. It seemed to be off by 2 days and 2 hours? I can't seem to figure out how I did that... I assumed it simply used the time from the network/internet as it's been previously correct when using the Tilt app. Is this in the TiltBridge Master Sheet?

pletch

Reaction score
There is a revised case design thanks to @gromitdj - I just need to post it. Sorry about that...
No worries. I managed to modify the top & bottom case design to move the screen mounts over 5 mm and rotate the orientation of the recesses in the top to accommodate the asymmetry of the screen. Rotating and moving the screen over did create interference between the TFT ribbon connector on the D32 Pro and the center 16 pin female connector on the bottom of the TFT screen assembly. I had to desolder the female 16 pin connector off the TFT board to get it out of the way. Hopefully the case design revision you reference also flips the orientation of the D32 Pro to deal with this.

Thank you for all the efforts on this. The detailed documentation made it easy to pull together and modify to suit.

Jim Reidy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm running into an issue. I bought the suggest components from the tiltbridge webiste, got every flashed using brewflasher, the screen displays my tilt's data perfectly but I can not seem to login to the tiltbridge.local site or by using the IP address on my lan. I am on the same wireless network as the bridge for each instance.
I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find something to correct this problem??

Jim Reidy

Reaction score
Trying to connect to tiltbridge.local to finish up setup for using google sheets but I’m getting a url not found message. Checked my router and tiltbridge is connected. I removed the Alpha-v0.2.1-TFT firmware and reinstalled it but same problem. Also tried accessing from my phone but the same problem. I’m on the goal line but can’t quite get there

Jim Reidy

Reaction score
Windows 10 on the computer. iPhone. I did try accessing via the IP address but got the same did not find url message. My tech savvy stopped there I’m afraid. Not sure how to ping the address

Jim Reidy

Reaction score
Just tried logging into tiltbridge.local again and it now connects. Thanks for the help. Keeping my fingers crossed it continues to work. I’ll try it again tomorrow