Tilt Hydrometer & Google Sheets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldsccorpio227

Reaction score
Hi. I have Tilt hydrometer and I am using it for the first time. It was recording data in Google sheets until last night. Now I don't have anything in it, it just empty google doc. Brewfather still recording, iPad connected to Tilt shows data but nothing in google sheets. Any idea on how to fix it?

Tilt's don't have a memory so you can download a data log anytime? That's going to suck IMO if you have to always do real time data gathering.

Otherwise it seems to me your issue is Google Sheets and how to get the data into it again and/or continuously.

Tilt's don't have a memory so you can download a data log anytime? That's going to suck IMO if you have to always do real-time data gathering.

Otherwise it seems to me your issue is Google Sheets and how to get the data into it again and/or continuously.
It doesn't have a memory, this is why it is connected to iPad and iPad is on all the time. It sends data to Google Sheets and Brewfather every hour.

Sounds to me like you’ve just lost connection to the correct sheet. Do you still have the invite email you used to connect to the sheet originally? If you do, just follow that again and I bet the data is still there.

Did you modify the Tilt setup to log to Brewfather? Ive never tried to log to 2 separate apps. Is that an option? When I enter the settings for Grainfather to record, it stops the Google sheets connection and redirects data to a different URL.

Back