Three Stooges Movie !!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

OP
kjung

kjung

Reaction score
I c&p'ed it from the article that I was reading. I'll try again.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Heard about it on the radio....I dunno...if it were a movie about them maybe, but re-making them? Part of me thinks they should be taken out back and shot for even considering that...What will be next? Abbott and Costello?

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Heard about it on the radio....I dunno...if it were a movie about them maybe, but re-making them? Part of me thinks they should be taken out back and shot for even considering that...What will be next? Abbott and Costello?
The odd couple is next, no BS

Evan!

Reaction score
They'll make anything into a movie. There are certain things that just won't translate to the damn big screen. That's one of them. WTF!? "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out...THE MOVIE!" :rolleyes:

arturo7

Reaction score
Yet another case of soul-less hollywood resurrecting something from the past because their creativity is loooooooong gone.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yet another case of soul-less hollywood resurrecting something from the past because their creativity is loooooooong gone.
A quick easy cheap buck to cater to the babyboomers

Listen to the music on the TV commercials these days!!!

gratus fermentatio

Reaction score
Sean Penn is like herpes; neither one will go away. Del Torro as moe? What's next, James Earl Jones as Shemp? Tho I'll have to admit (even tho it galls me to do so) that Jim Carrey in fat makeup MIGHT be able to pull off a reasonable Curly; MAYBE. But then I don't think anyone can hold a candle to "The Boys." Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Ceedubya

Reaction score
this is so stupid. Its insane that Hollywood can't come up with anyting original anymore.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Waste of their time and money. This CANNOT work. (of course I'll reserve actual judgment until I've had a chance to see some more, but give me a break!)

Chupacabras

Reaction score
Nothing original? What about Judd Apatow et al.!? Those guys are dominating the comedy genre.

GearBeer

Reaction score
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
I just don't think there's anyone in Hollywood right now that can pull off the slapstick right, not to mention their builds are just ALL WRONG.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
Probably just me with my not being a natural born American and all, but the three stooges suck. I can't see the point in the originals, let alone a rip off movie of them.

blackwaterbrewer

Reaction score
hollywood has been "jumping the shark" for years . the last good original movie was "o brother, where art thou?" and it was based on Homer's The Odessy!! after the ace ventura/happy gilmore era, the only good comedy was Team America.

Brew-Happy

Reaction score
Probably just me with my not being a natural born American and all, but the three stooges suck. I can't see the point in the originals, let alone a rip off movie of them.
It would depend on what you grew up watching. I loved watching The Stooges on reruns of course as a kid. You would probably feel the same way if someone decided to remake a British slap stick comedy like Benny Hill. Even worse what if some goober decided to remake Monty Python's works :confused:

eschatz

Reaction score
If there's going to be numb-nuttery on the big screen, then Jack Black needs to be apart of it. He'd make a good Schemp. IMHO.
:D

mania83

Reaction score
I heard this on the radio also and I checked it out on a movie database website and it said that johnny depp was rumoured to play Moe and Sean Penn as Larry and they had noone listed as curly.