Three Newest labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunpowder

Reaction score
Just finalized their designs :) I use these designs with these labels:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/ol3078.htm

newthree.jpg

Love the neck labels - do you cut those out by hand?

Whether that says "fart of darkness" or not, I'm stealing the beer-name. Doing a smoked stout in a few weeks - name is a perfect fit!

Bryan

lol.. It's "TART of Darkness" Perhaps I should consider a font change for that particular label ;)

Warthaug: Nope, if you click the link in my original post, you'll see those beer labels come with precut neck labels.

Almost 1:30am and I am having the hardest time not waking the girlfriend up laughing about the "Fart of Darkness". That's hilarious! !

Quick Question: How did you get it to clean up so nicely around the neck labels? i know when i print them i can cut around them, or im sure i can find a template sheet, but atm in the picture file they just look really rough because i used a lot of uploaded pictures to create some really unique labels.

No Worries I found a way around it, Dont use the neck labels haha, I'm gonna attach a couple labels i made because im pretty proud of how they turned out. This was an awsome program

Braggot2.jpg

Elderberry Barley Wine.jpg

Flower Mead.jpg

Vanilla Cyser.jpg

Wintergreen Mead.jpg

You can use the weatherproof ones if you know you are going to put them in a cooler/ice bath. Otherwise, the regular ones print a cleaner / less blurry picture; use those if the bottles are just going in a fridge.

What? A book called fart of darkness? I think it goes better as a beer name!

Ya, you need to change that font. Totally looks like "Fart of Darkness" and I aint drinkin' that buddy. Sorry.

Warthaug: Nope, if you click the link in my original post, you'll see those beer labels come with precut neck labels.

The link just takes you to a page with the label on it. There is still a HUGE ammount of choices as to type of media it's printed on.

What paper exactly are you using? The waterproof or the removeable or what?

Design rule #183 - Cute fonts are cute, but the purpose of text is to be read; Pick a font that is easily read.

They look pretty awesome other than that. :D

Thanks for the link to the label site. These are great. Now that I have my first batch in bottles and the next batch in the bucket, I was looking for a labeling system. I am bookmarking that site for sure

Jeffries55, I know your Q wasn't directed at me, but a good/cheap way of printing quality colour labels is to go to your local kinkos/staples/copy centre and use their colour laser copiers - most will print from USB, and generally cost less than $0.10 a page. Depending on the size of your labels, its not uncommon to get 3 to 6 labels per page, so you're talking a few bucks to label up a full 6 gallon batch.

Bryan

KPSquared said:
The link just takes you to a page with the label on it. There is still a HUGE ammount of choices as to type of media it's printed on.

What paper exactly are you using? The waterproof or the removeable or what?

I would also like to know what material your using. I use onlinelabels.com all the time. GREAT RESOURCE! I think I ordered standard white matte the first time and ordered a ton of labels and they suck when it comes to removing them to reuse the bottles. Anyone used a different material that is much easier to remove?

Jeffries55, I know your Q wasn't directed at me, but a good/cheap way of printing quality colour labels is to go to your local kinkos/staples/copy centre and use their colour laser copiers - most will print from USB, and generally cost less than $0.10 a page. Depending on the size of your labels, its not uncommon to get 3 to 6 labels per page, so you're talking a few bucks to label up a full 6 gallon batch.

Bryan

What are you using to glue your labels? And do you have bleeding/fading issues with just using standard paper?

What are you using to glue your labels? And do you have bleeding/fading issues with just using standard paper?
I use gelatin to stick on the labels, as outlined in this thread. Its fantastic - holds for over a year (oldest labels are 18 months on the bottle and going strong), holds on in cold water, but comes right off in hot water - without residue on the bottle!

As for fading, its not much of an issue with laser prints. Unlike bubblejet inks, which are thin liquids that literally stain the paper (and thus are exposed to oxygen, leading to fading), laser inks are pigments encapsulated in plastic. The plastic protects the inks from from oxygen, so fading is much less of an issue. So long as the inks are not exposed to direct sunlight of constant fluorescent lighting, they should be stable for years.

Bryan

Back