Three Floyd's Yum Yum recipe FFF

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonesuperman

Reaction score
Been trying to come up with a Three Floyd's Yum Yum clone recipe from some advice from people on the forums. So far i haven't come up with anything that i can even tweek from. so far i have tried.

OG 1.054ish
Mash at 152 for 60
90% pale malt
10% Munich
us04
using a combination of galaxy and amarillo as first wort hops 30,15,5, and 0 with 2 OZ of dry hop

this was some advice from someone on these forums, but not getting the dank juicy tropical hoppyness that the original has, and the spicyness is just too earty.

seen another that is completely different but cannot come by the hops.

2 x 3.3lb of Briess 2°L CBW Pilsen Light
Imperial Yeast Napoleon B64
60 minute – 1oz German Polaris (+48 IBU)
15 minute – 1oz German Polaris (+34 IBU)
12 minute – 5 teaspoons yeast nutrient
10 minute – Whirlfloc Tablet
3 minute – 2oz German Polaris (+18 IBU)
Dry Hop – 3oz German Polaris

Total is 100 IBU from 7oz of German Polaris

has anyone else tried to clone Yum Yum? Did you come up with anything close? I think this is by far the best session beer that i have ever tasted. these days the tasty single and double ipa's are starting to creep up on me. i want to drink 5 or 6 but can only handle 3 or my brain turns to mush. If i could get a solid clone this session beer it would be on a dedicated tap. i would be grateful for any help or advice.

Did you ever have any success coming up with a recipe for this? Yum Yum is one of my favorites, I'd love to be able to make something close.

Latest posts

Back