Thoughts on what to call this recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad1

Reaction score
Brewing this right now. Just winged this recipe. Not sure what to call it.
9lbs golden promise, 1lb Vienna, 1lb Munich, 1lb dark Munich, 0.5lb carared. 3oz Williamet. 1007 German ale yeast. Mashing at152.

Resurrecting an old thread here.

The wife wants me to brew an UFO clone because it is one of her favorite beers. This will be my first all grain batch as well. After doing some research I think I have a handle on the mashing process. What I do not understand is the instruction to steep the grains for 30 minutes after the mash. Why do this. Won't the vast majority of the sugars be removed already?

Thanks,

Toben

Resurrecting an old thread here.

The wife wants me to brew an UFO clone because it is one of her favorite beers. This will be my first all grain batch as well. After doing some research I think I have a handle on the mashing process. What I do not understand is the instruction to steep the grains for 30 minutes after the mash. Why do this. Won't the vast majority of the sugars be removed already?

Thanks,

Toben

Yes, steeping the grains for 30 minutes after the mash isn't correct- but they are probably instructing you to sparge. Can you post the recipe/instructions, and we can give you better tips on how to do it?

Back