Thoughts on this pumpkin spice cider..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302w

Reaction score
I currently have a basic sweet cider fermenting. Store bought cider that I kill the yeast in then back sweeten to taste after it finishes.

I found this recipe for pumpkin syrup that I am considering adding to some of my cider when bottling. Thoughts?

http://dinnersdishesanddesserts.com/pumpkin-spice-hot-apple-cider/

I wouldn't add this when bottling. The purpose of this recipe is to have a hot sweet drink, not really a hard cold and carbonated beverage. You'd also have a whole bunch of sediment dropping out if you used this when bottling. If anything I'd say remove the sugar from the recipe and add the syrup to your secondary fermentation, so that you can allow it to clear before bottling while still picking up that pumpkin pie flavor.

I should have mentioned I have still ciders.

Good point on the sediment. Perhaps I'll put 3 liters from my five gallon batch aside and put that in secondary. Most of this batch will be standard still cider.

Back