Thoughts on my brewstand??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ibrew2little

Reaction score
So I spent over 11 hours building yesterday. Mostly because my bandsaw was **** and took forever. But. Here is what I have so far. I'm painting. I have the 10" Bayou Banjo Burners to install and the gas lines. Weighs about 500 lbs lol ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413304241.500521.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1413304251.593158.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

That's a nice stand, well done. I gotta say the 48qt cooler looks a little silly on that massive structure. :)

Yeah, but now he can fill that cooler with mercury and not worry about the brewstand!

Looks good! Stick welder?

Edit: oops, never mind, missed the welder in the second shot!

Interesting choice on the miter joints. Curious as to why the "ends" and nit the "top"? Granted, we are not talking hundreds of pounds of support needed here.

Todd

Looks pretty much like mine. After a few uses I added tabs on the back and sides of where the kettles sit. I keeps them from sliding around when you move or bump it.

Yes 2" pipe. I overdid it just a little haha. I'll upgrade to a Chevy truck bed as my mash ton muahahaha. I'll have another keg and be doing RIMS system next year sometime

Interesting choice on the miter joints. Curious as to why the "ends" and nit the "top"? Granted, we are not talking hundreds of pounds of support needed here.

Todd

A friend who weights about 300lbs stood in center for testing. And he jumped (almost fell). It held. We laughed. Good times

Top of kegs come to my chin. I didn't take into account 4" caster wheels.... Oops haha. It's close but she works!

Back