Thought it was done?!?!?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomicflatulence

Reaction score
Bottling a brew from 6/28/10 tonight...all sanitized...priming with 2/3 cup table sugar...

Thought i'd take one last reading...1.015...started at 1.050...dry yeast...i think Muntons.

Just about to syphon and i saw the airlock bubble...and then bubble ten seconds later...

Is this just from stirred up gasses from carrying up from the basement? Should I wait till the morning? I've already got everything sanitized!!!!!

Well, if the SG hasn't changed, it's done! Moving it from a cooler place to a warmer place can "knock out" some co2, since cooler temperatures hold onto co2 much better. So, maybe it's warmer now and that's why it's bubbling.

i'd give it another couple days and take another reading. it could be temp differences, or it could be just sloshing around. let it sit and get stable for a day or 2, and meter it again

I'd say it's done. The bubbling is probably CO2 in solution coming up to the surface as you were bringing it up from the basement. You can go ahead and bottle.

Back