Thought I would share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty8202

Reaction score
So this is my first batch in the keg. It's a cream ale extract brew. Turned out pretty good. Cold crashed it for about a week and a half. Work got in the way so didn't have time to set up the kegerator and transfer it so it sat in there a little longer that it should have. Put it in the keg put about 35psi on it for 48 hours then down to about 8 for a week then pulled a pint. Been sipping on it for about a month or so just got around to showing it off haha. To me it's a little under carbed. Any tweaks in my process you would recommend View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433716748.868886.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433716773.479561.jpg

Just leave it at serving pressure and it will keep carbing as it sits. Maybe go up a little more than 8 psi and another week should be good.

Even kegged beers need time to carb & condition. Maybe two weeks or so? It's a little quicker than bottling, but not by much. Somebody mentioned a Co2 pressure table once that gives the PSI for various volumes of Co2. Look for something like that, it'll definitely help in my mind...

Back