This weekends pumkin ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFeltimo

Reaction score
Well this weekend I brewed my first pumkin extract.
All went well and currently bubblin away like crazy.
Here it is.
6# amber dme
1# light brown suger
1/4 c molasis
60 oz pumkin meat @ 15
1.5tsp pumkin spice, 1 tsp@ 60 and 1/2.tsp @ 10
1 oz cluster @ 60
1/2 oz wellamette @ 10
Us 05

In primary for 7-10 days then 2ndry for 7 days, now any advice on whether to add more spice to 2ndry or taste test first? And what about cold crashing, I'm kinda new to this secondry thing.
Please advise.
Dan

No advice but you might be interested in this....

November 26, 2009 - Pumpkin Beer Experiment
Does pumpkin really make an impact on beer flavor? Home brewers Joel Neal and Phil Saylor share the results of their pumpkin beer experiment.

iTunes | Streaming mp3

Thanks Alabamy, I will listen to this once the kids have gone to bed, but by the sounds of it all brewing at this point is experamental.

Onmy five gallon batch last year I used 1 tbsp at flame out. It was on the border of being to much for my taste. Mellowed after about 8 weeks.

You can all ways add a little later but you will never be able to take it out. Add ways less than what you think you need. Then adjust to that.

Onmy five gallon batch last year I used 1 tbsp at flame out. It was on the border of being to much for my taste. Mellowed after about 8 weeks.

You can all ways add a little later but you will never be able to take it out. Add ways less than what you think you need. Then adjust to that.

Yeah I thoughts too, I am gunna taste whe I rack and keep it there for an extended period of tine maybe tweak, maybe not, there's always room for a second batch....

No advice but you might be interested in this....

November 26, 2009 - Pumpkin Beer Experiment
Does pumpkin really make an impact on beer flavor? Home brewers Joel Neal and Phil Saylor share the results of their pumpkin beer experiment.

iTunes | Streaming mp3

Intresting podcast, I an glad I didn't go to crazy with the meat then,
Thanks for the link.

Back