This seems like a great deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask the seller to fill the kegs with some co2 to show that they hold pressure when you go see them. Looks like a great deal for everything.

It could be something else of course (ie bad valve) but usually just a bad seal would hold some pressure and leak out gradually. If they are not able to hold any pressure you may need to replace something more expensive on the keg. Regardless that looks like a decent price for what you are getting.

It looks like an OK price if you need all the odds and ends. if not you can pick up the pieces you need for less.

That's what I was thinking. He said that the kegging gear initially cost him $300, but I don't see that.

New:
5# co2 tank
regulator
2 kegs
misc tubing
= $189 http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=326
So, that kegging gear new is less than $200.

If you need carboys, figure that might be worth more to you. The bench capper is nice, but I don't need one. Grolsch bottles are handy- I like bottling in them. But they are cheap.

I'd say that it's not a terrible deal, but it's a long way from a great deal.

I'd probably say $200 for it all is a good deal.

Back