This must be the beer of the heavens

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SickChicken

Reaction score
Alright, I joined a long time ago (almost 5 months lol) and I can finally come to the table with a finished brew. It was a Continental Light from a kit and it was beautiful. This is the best tasting, most appreciated beer I have ever had.
I just wanted to thank everyone at HBT for guiding me in the right direction. I learned so much before brewing that first batch that nothing went wrong. Except for me and my mistakes :)
I am hopped up on Ed Wort's Apfelwein right now (also brewed in house) but I know who to thank and why to thank all of you.
Keep up all the good work - brewery to open soon :)

Isn't it amazing how good your own beer tastes? I only have one finished brew under my belt (the second is still bottle conditioning) and I couldn't have been happier with the results and with the satisfaction of having brewed it myself. I'm hooked. I think you are too.

What a coincidence - my brewery is opening soon too :cross:

Alright, I joined a long time ago (almost 5 months lol) and I can finally come to the table with a finished brew. It was a Continental Light from a kit and it was beautiful. This is the best tasting, most appreciated beer I have ever had.
I just wanted to thank everyone at HBT for guiding me in the right direction. I learned so much before brewing that first batch that nothing went wrong. Except for me and my mistakes :)
I am hopped up on Ed Wort's Apfelwein right now (also brewed in house) but I know who to thank and why to thank all of you.
Keep up all the good work - brewery to open soon :)

The Continental light as was my first brew as well lol. Your are well on your way now:ban:

:off:

Hey JLem
I see your from Attleboro. Ever go to the Hoppy Brewer?

I recall my first batch and the first taste. The gear was a Christmas gift and at first I was totally intimidated. But finally, around New Years Day, when the holiday rush was waning and I was out of excuses to delay, I took a shot at brewing. I had some "plain vanilla" kit or other, nothing special, and I made all the same mistakes that you read about here every day (including having my air lock gasket fall into the wort).

I bottled the stuff up after two or three weeks and decided to take a chance while watching the Superbowl that year. It was the best beer I had ever tasted, and I was hooked.

In hindsight, this should not come as a shock. If you compare a store-bought stew and a homemade one, or a store bought lasagna to a homemade one, or a freshly baked loaf of bread to a loaf of wonder bread, you are never surprised that the fresh, homemade ones are better. Why should brewing be any different?

Right there with ya! My first keg just bit the dust, I was so sorry to see it go, as it was 'Great" beer.
Now I'm carbing up my M&J, the excitement is really getting me as I wait patiently for the carbing and chilling... Forced carbed so I might have a taste tonight.

I'm like a kid the night before Christmas!!! I can't WAIT!

Home Brew has been among the best things I have ever leaned/taken on/tried... right along with "Dateing" "Racing Go Karts" "buying a Tractor" "Paying off my House/Car/CC"

I'll put in my thanks here too. THANK You ALL! Without this site, I would still have done this, but would not have come this far this fast and might have not had the same success!

Cheers to you all

:off:

Hey JLem
I see your from Attleboro. Ever go to the Hoppy Brewer?

Yeah - it's literally 5 minutes down the street. It's great having a LHBS that close. They're small, but have always had everything I'm looking for - so far (only 2 brews in!) - and the guys that work there have been really helpful.

Back