This life.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirbster

Reaction score
I work at a job that provides me with an ample amount of complaining. I work customer service at a retail store that has a no hassle return policy... Every day I deal with bull****, and I deal with bull**** given from within my own company. The purpose of this rant isn't why my job sucks but why I have a job. If you asked I would be the first to tell you I absolutely hate my job. I hate going there, I hate every minute there. But I go there every day I am suppose to, and stay late when they ask me to. The fact is I work hard for a living and earn my paycheck for sure. I can live with a fiance in an apartment that provides me with both uninterrupted heating and cooling facilities whenever I wanted. I can drink clean water straight from the tap at any time of the hour. I can dispose of my trash in bins that are regularly cleaned for me. I do not have to protect myself from fear of burglars at night. I can trust my locks to keep me safe. I can open my cabinets full of food and say "I have nothing to make." When I know someone could look at my cabinets and wonder at the bounty of food laid upon them. I can look at a closet with six cases of beer and fret that I wont have an IPA to drink because I am drinking it too fast. No matter how poor I think I am I can still afford propane to burn, grains to brew, and gas to get to work. I bought turtle food today, I live in a country where I can buy turtle food for my turtle and still claim I am too poor to go to Applebees. My whole meaning is that I look around me and even though I cannot participate in the higher end of society, I am damn lucky to be where I am at. Look around, maybe you are too.

good post. There's a ton of bitching that's going on right now with the "economy" yet we in the western world (I know we have a ton of people on here from Canada, UK, etc) are pretty damn blessed for what we have, even when we feel like we don't have much :mug:

@arturo7
holiday-in-cambodia.jpg

Back