This just in...I'm an idiot...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prosnowsk8er

Reaction score
Well this afternoon was dedicated to reading up and starting a new batch of beer but since its friday of a long weekend i decided to go and get some beer to sip on....well after i dumped my started yeast in my 100f wort....i went F@#$ as i realized what i had just done., guess i had a few to many lol...so is this going to kill all my yeast?

If it was a dried yeast, most of it will survive and reproduce. Many liquid yeasts will make it as well, but expect a slow start while they recover.

You're not an idiot dude. An idiot is someone who leaves the lid on the brew pot during the boil. I won't do that again! :(

It was my first batch and I don't feel so bad about the aftertaste - the up front taste is good and I know what I did wrong. It will just come out towards the end of the night when people start to scramble for a beverage! :drunk:

Don't feel bad. I did this in 95 degree wort and realized what I was doing as the (liquid) yeast was pouring out of the pack. I felt like a total ass. Still everything worked out great. In fact, the beer fermented like crazy and it's still one of my favorite brews. The worst thing that could happen I guess is that you'd have to repitch.

prosnowsk8er said:
well i see a bit of bubbling and what not going on...so i guess its doing alright?

yep, I'd say so. give it another 24 hours and it should be bubbling light normal.

i pitched into 90+ wort once and it took almost 3 days to show signs of fermentation.
beer tastes fine though.

i did the same thing a couple batches ago, it turned out fine, a little slow but it caught up and fermented out fine

Back