This is why I hate bottling...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
beer8-2-08001.jpg

I brew faster than I can drink it, so I had to bottle 3 batches last night. If I didn't it would be months before they would make it to my Sanyo. :mad:

For some people their problem is they don't have a home or can't get enough food; your problem is you have oodles of bottles to fill with delicious beer.

I'd rather have your problem.

:eek:

Life is good.

sounds like it's time for a kegorator.

I actually do have one, but I only have 2 taps and a backload of beers waiting. I want to be able to have access to more than 2 beers for a party later this month.what I *do* need is a keezer and about 4 more taps!

I actually do have one, but I only have 2 taps and a backload of beers waiting. I want to be able to have access to more than 2 beers for a party later this month.what I *do* need is a keezer and about 4 more taps!

Naw, just a big chest freezer and some more kegs.

20cuftFreezer.jpg

You could get more kegs and make good party taps (with 10' of hose, not three). Force carb just before the party or prime the extras. I've got five cobras, in addition to the four taps on the kegger. This is way in excess of what I need right now, but at times in the past they were all in use.

You could get more kegs and make good party taps (with 10' of hose, not three). Force carb just before the party or prime the extras. I've got five cobras, in addition to the four taps on the kegger. This is way in excess of what I need right now, but at times in the past they were all in use.

I've got 7 kegs, I just don't have a way to keep more than 2 cold on a long term basis. So if I roll out 2 for the party and they only get about helf emptied, not only do I have to tell my friends that they're a bunch of sissies but I also have to let them sit at about 66 in my basement until I have an open tap. Keeping them on ice until I can finish them off isn't a very realistic option.

To be able to brew faster than you can drink.

I'm in another world.
Drifting and swirling my way along.
Its a dream I have often had but never realized it could come true

Grain comes in 55 lb sacks
20 gallon boil kettle
14 gallon Conical
14 carboys
6 kegs one keggerator
700-800 bottles in the system.

I am sitting of 300 empty bottles and two kegs after a big poker game Friday and a family reunion

I get the jitters now when i go in the beer room and see 7 carboys empty (7 full) My son Jumbo82 and I will put up another 15 gallons this weekend. Its great working together but his friends can swill the stuff.

Still i will keep the dream

Brew faster than you can drink it

I'm drifting again

I've got 7 kegs, I just don't have a way to keep more than 2 cold on a long term basis. So if I roll out 2 for the party and they only get about helf emptied, not only do I have to tell my friends thta they're a bunch of sissies but I also have to let them sit at about 66 in my basement until I have an open tap. Keeping them on ice until I can finish them off isn't a very realistic option.

Is that really a problem? Your kegs are still sealed and the dead space is filled with CO2. Finish what you can for the party, pop the disconnects and store the leftovers in your basement until room frees up in your fridge.

Craig

Is that really a problem? Your kegs are still sealed and the dead space is filled with CO2. Finish what you can for the party, pop the disconnects and store the leftovers in your basement until room frees up in your fridge.

Craig

I don't know if it's a problem or not. I guess that's a question that I have. Can I get a keg down to 45, kill half of it, then store it at 66 for a month or longer then chill it again and finish it?

I'm not sure what the temperature variation will do to the beer - if anything.

Good question. I don't know the answer. But I've done it at least a couple times and thrown caution to the wind. Whether I remembered to go back and finish those kegs......??? I forget.

I'm still sad that my 10 kegs aren't enough. Time to buy another 8 or so. :drunk:

OB, judging by your avatar, I'd say you have worse problem coming up than having too much beer!

Most people would probably be offended when someone rags on their team, but I rip on the Lions as much as the next guy. They're horrible and I know it, but I cheer them on just the same.

Back