This Is What You Get...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
When you break urinal etiquette...

A Kaiapoi man punched a man twice in the toilet of a central Christchurch bar because he committed "a breach of urinal etiquette", a court was told today.

Edward Trevor Aldridge, 47, pleaded guilty in Christchurch District Court to assault and Judge Raoul Neave told him: "This sort of behaviour would be immature in teenagers or small children. This is exactly the sort of behaviour that makes people afraid to go to town."

Police prosecutor Sergeant Graham Butcher said the victim went gone to the Rock Pool bar with friends on December 16.

When he went to the toilet, he used a urinal next to Aldridge who accused him of looking at him and punched him twice in the face.

Defence counsel Liz Bulger told the court: "This incident arose from a breach of what I understand to be urinal etiquette.

"When (the victim) spoke to the defendant he was effectively smirking. The defendant was outraged."

Bout time someone set the bar...

If anything, it shows just how ridiculous the whole "urinal etiquette" thing is. Do you believe punching someone is proper behavior in this case?

TL

TexLaw said:
If anything, it shows just how ridiculous the whole "urinal etiquette" thing is. Do you believe punching someone is proper behavior in this case?

TL

I guess I should wait till everyone's had their morning cup of coffee before I post articles from Fark...:cross:

Yes, TL, that's exactly what I was doing: advocating assault as a response to breaking urinal etiquette. You got me pegged. :rolleyes:

Lol, How did he notice the guy smirking unless He was breaking the "don't look don't smirk" rule?

I have a pretty much eyes straight ahead, do not engage in small talk kind of rule for the bathroom. If someone is looking and smirking then that is their problem and odds are I would never know it. I also manage to cover up enough so that no one else could see. Are we talking about a "trough" here? that could be a little different, but not much.

Oh man we're going down THIS road again??

I've been thinking about this whole urinal etiquette thing and have noticed two wild cards. What about the "little" pisser? And how about the "dividers" that seperate the urinals....discuss

You know...the small one. The one for kids I guess...

If the others are taken but it's in a "safe" spot...do you use it? Or wait for a "big" pisser

I hate going next to someone not because of etiquette, but because of them having a fire hose stream that splashes everywhere. I had a guy dribble on my shoe once and I was (for a loss of thought for another word) "PISSED." I don't get into the whole BR etiquette thing, but some people are just clueless as to acting even remotely couth in public.

HA! Right or wrong, the idea of someone enforcing urinal etiquette this way at least gave me a good chuckle.

'Little pissers' tick me off. I'm 6' 6", therefore I should never have to pee in a urinal that close to the ground. :D

ohiobrewtus said:
'Little pissers' tick me off. I'm 6' 6", therefore I should never have to pee in a urinal that close to the ground. :D

What, too proud to get on your knees there, Andre?

Evan! said:
What, too proud to get on your knees there, Andre?

Wow you're in rare form today! Yes, I'm certainly way too proud... plus it's hard to aim straight down.

LOL, I really do feel sorry for the taller guys. I'm 5'9" so no worries here, but man I bet you guys are really splashing your shoes, that sucks. It isn't like it would be better if you went to a toilet either. At that height it has to splash everywhere. LOL my dad is 6'4" I just wish for a little more height, lol.

So whats the protocol? Avoid the little pissers even if they're safe? Do the "blinders" make it ok to piss next to another guy?

I never really said in the other thread but I personally don't really care...I'll pee wherever :D

Alamo_Beer said:
So whats the protocol? Avoid the little pissers even if they're safe? Do the "blinders" make it ok to piss next to another guy?

I never really said in the other thread but I personally don't really care...I'll pee wherever :D

I never use the little pissers anymore. I feel like I'm pissing on my shins with those. I'll take the toilet stall half the time. Too many ignorati coughing all over at the urinals...

I am for blinders for splash protection, lol. I like going outside, but you have to watch out now because someone could see your back while you are pissing in a corner and turn you in as a lewd act in public.

I don't know what the deal is at my company, but in every restroom, there is a urinal that is waaay down there. Like almost on the floor. Half the time if you have to use it you get piss splashed on your knees. It is much lower than your typical 'kid' urinal.

There must be a midget around here somewhere.

Although, I have been to our facilities all over the states and around the world, and there is ALWAYS a midget pisser. Must be a legal thing.

I am 7' 3'' and I have to use the little pisser because....you know..my "little pisser" hangs damn near down to my knees.

*hahahahahahahqahahahaha yeah right.*

I'm with you, man. That low one is best so my dingus doesn't hang on the urinal cake. That thing stings.

The low ones are for kids and people who have a handicap that requires them to have a low aiming point. We have a guy at work in a chair with a bag. He has to empty the bag using gravity. The low pisser works for him. The regular size would require him to somehow hold his bag over his head.

Zul'jin said:
I'm with you, man. That low one is best so my dingus doesn't hang on the urinal cake. That thing stings.

The low ones are for kids and people who have a handicap that requires them to have a low aiming point. We have a guy at work in a chair with a bag. He has to empty the bag using gravity. The low pisser works for him. The regular size would require him to somehow hold his bag over his head.

Lol! *sniff* Finally! Someone who understands what I have to go through!

I agree, there should be midget sized urinals everywhere. Not to be gross, but I guess they usually have to climb up and stand on the toilet seat.

God help the midgets with long dinguses.

Hey what the hell ever happened to those really long (tall) urinals. The were great. No piss on the walls, others shoes...etc.

How bout them 'troughs'...discuss.

zoebisch01 said:
Hey what the hell ever happened to those really long (tall) urinals. The were great. No piss on the walls, others shoes...etc.

Those are cool whenever you see them...those should make a comeback.

As far as troughs go. My high school had one, which was weird bc it was a pretty "uppity" place. Freakin 16yr old kids getting new BMW's and stuff. I personally only peed in it once or twice....those things are weird

cheezydemon said:
Smiling or "smirking" is very dangerous.:D

danger is my middle name! bad news for whoever takes a swing at me while i am pissing is that more than likely when i sway out of the way i will probably end up pissing on them!

better news for me is the stand and fight law in florida!

zoebisch01 said:

better is the pee wall, it looks like a water fall going down the wall with a drain on the floor. so much fun when your druck!

zoebisch01 said:

Those 5' tall urinals were always the best. You know what's terricble? this place I frequent has "no flush" urinals. They're great; smell like fermenting piss and urinal cakes. They also have a bunch without any "blinders," :mad:

I don't enounter troughs too often, but when I do, standard rules apply: space is the name of the game.

Back