This is going to be one interesting batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
As stated in another thread I hit 1.006 in 2 days with us05 which is unusual in itself.After taking my FG readings(at 2 days) I forgot to put the Inkbird probe back in the chamber.I just went to check the chamber and the freezer hasn't stopped running for 7 hours.My liquid temp is now 42 deg.So I'm thinking Might as well dryhop at 42 deg while cold crashing at this point instead of ramping it back up to 65 and then crashing again...Yoopers pale ale.Will post final results.

So the beer was bitter with a young bite/yeast bite for the first 8 days an unenjoyable to drink..Today at day 10 its a mighty fine beer. Certainly not clear but no off flavors.Im liking it so much I bought another pound of cascade and centennial to make it again.So to sum it up even though the beer finished in 2 days it still takes 10 days to come together.

20160706_193051_resized.jpg

At 2 days it was not done. As of today I might think about bottling it. It certainly is very young. I don't even sample a beer until it has been bottle conditioning for 2 weeks. Every beer that I have bottled tasted better at 3 weeks bottle conditioning or longer.

If it is good now it surely will be better when it is truly ready.

At 2 days it was not done. As of today I might think about bottling it. It certainly is very young. I don't even sample a beer until it has been bottle conditioning for 2 weeks. Every beer that I have bottled tasted better at 3 weeks bottle conditioning or longer.

If it is good now it surely will be better when it is truly ready.
At day 2 I hit FG and it never changed and was lower then expected.I'm sure it will get even better/smother but it goes to show even this unconventional way it still produces a very good beer.I can see the conditioning period as way off but what strikes me is the one day cold dry hop still producing a nice fresh aroma/flavor.Its a split batch and I've had the other half dry hopping for 6 days and counting at 38 deg.Will be interesting to see the difference in another week or so.

I don't know any way a fermentation could possibly have been taken that low in 2 days with a proper fermentation. How hot was this fermented?
I have two batches that I brewed last Friday. This morning at 4 1/2 days I could hear them bubbling away nicely (I have not opened the chamber at all yet.) This evening it has slowed down. Next Wednesday or Thursday I plan on checking for FG and bottling on Friday.....

The few beers that I have tried to rush didn't really taste great until I got to the time frame as if I hadn't tried to rush them.

I don't know any way a fermentation could possibly have been taken that low in 2 days with a proper fermentation. How hot was this fermented?
I have two batches that I brewed last Friday. This morning at 4 1/2 days I could hear them bubbling away nicely (I have not opened the chamber at all yet.) This evening it has slowed down. Next Wednesday or Thursday I plan on checking for FG and bottling on Friday.....

The few beers that I have tried to rush didn't really taste great until I got to the time frame as if I hadn't tried to rush them.
No clue either on the insane time frame.This is day 2 in the ferm chamber at 67 deg.I took the picture thinking I would put it up in a "How is this possible" thread.It never changed from 1.006 from day 2 till now.Checked on different days uncarbed at correct temp...Really couldn't tell ya but it taste good..NEVER had a beer finish this fast and I always use us05(for the most part)

20160627_101616_resized.jpg

That certainly does not look ready to do anything with. It looks like there is still krausen on the top. Another couple of weeks and it might have cleared up some!

I guess it worked for you....

I looked at the thread you linked. I definitely disagree with the response that you got. If you do those crazy quick time-frames, you might get a drinkable beer. If you use a more conservative time-frame you are much more likely to get a very good beer.

Agree 100%.As I stated it was a rush job.But oddly enough its a very good beer with only 2 days at ferm temps..will post results of the other half of the split batch when it gets kegged.That should be around 3 weeks from pitch date.That batch has been in the ferm chamber at 38 deg since day 2 using us05.Will be interesting to see the difference concidering at 38 any additional fermentation should have stopped anyway but the beer should be more conditioned?

Back