This Humann made another human

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well the swmbo and I have been trying for a baby for a while now. We have had a couple losses in that time but it looks like this one is going to stick. We are at 13 weeks now and things are looking good.

I have started on the babys room by scrapping off the popcorn ceiling and ripping all the old molding out, next step is to texture the ceiling and paint the walls.

Anyways, thought I would share with you guys.

Congrats, friend!

While my wife and I don't have any kids yet, we've experienced the loss of miscarriage through her sister's challenges. Took them 5 years to go full term with two losses and one ectopic pregnancy that was terminated because it could have killed her. Needless to say, my niece (9 months old last week) is spoiled rotten. :)

That's great news! Congrats.

I've also experienced loss- I have had many more miscarriages than children. Even though each miscarriage is a loss and is mourned, the birth of a child does help erase some of the pain. (I've had four miscarriages, but ended up with two perfect children in the end).

I'm happy for you. Don't tell your wife that now you get to drink her share of the beer. :D

Congratulations! I have not had the misfortune to experience any miscarriages, but I can understand they must be hard. Here's to a successful and joyous childbearing experience for your SWMBO! :mug:

(And a beer for you too, as you put up with her moods and strange desires in the coming months...) :mug:

Congratulations! I have not had the misfortune to experience any miscarriages, but I can understand they must be hard. Here's to a successful and joyous childbearing experience for your SWMBO! :mug:

(And a beer for you too, as you put up with her moods and strange desires in the coming months...) :mug:

oh, those strange desires have already come that is for sure. We have come to find out that miscarriages are a lot more common than people talk about. My wife was starting to talk about adoption because we weren't having success but I just kept telling her that we really haven't been trying that long and let's keep going.... and here we are.

Congratulations and good luck with the pregnancy! Like others, we experienced a miscarriage before having two perfect children. On a beer-related note, I strongly recommend you brew up you can before the little one arrives. When our first child was born, I found my time, money, and energy for brewing evaporated and it took me a long time to get back to it. Stock up, my friend.

Congratulations! And yes, as the previous poster said, brew now!!! You'll appreciate it later (like at 3am, when you've been dancing all over your house for an hour, the kid's just finally fallen asleep, but you're a little too wired to go back to bed. Perfect beer time).

To all that say "get to brewing" I am trying, planning on a batch the next 2 weekends, 2 are in process and more too come for sure. I have a aging one going right now (english strong ale) and will do a Imperial porter that will need some serious aging time, so those will be around when I am not brewing hopefully.

Congrats. I've not personally went through a miscarriage but my step mother did and one of our close friends did. I couldn't imagine going through that. Good luck with everything, and enjoy the hell out of the little one when it comes. They're a blast.

Make sure you point out to your wife that while she has to carry the baby for 9 months, you already made the difficult choice on whether to have a boy or a girl...

And you keep it a surprise until the doc says otherwise.

Congrats! :mug:

yeah, congrats man.. wish yoiu guys the besyt.

I lea.rned yesterday also i might be a daddy too (unfortunateley).

Strong work man. My wife also has one in the oven right now. She's due in Feb. She also had a miscarriage with her first pregnancy. We had just found out and 3 days later she miscarried. I think it's a lot more common than most people think. It's just no one wants to talk about it.

Anyway, congrats and good luck to you and your wife. Happy brewing, too.

Dont pat rslf on the back too hard. Both Soper, Evan! and me have dont it. So it cant be that impressive of a feat.

Just kidding. Congrats. I had my first on 9-9-09

well the wife had it anyway

We are finding out the sex next week, the wife will be about 20 weeks next week but things seem to be moving along quite nicely. I got the room textured and painted this weekend. Next is the wainscoting.

Congrats to you and the missus, my 9-week old son Conor is here with me as I write this. Your baby will change your life forever, (mostly) in a good way. It's awesome being a father.

congrats!!

Our first is due April 1st. The best part of SWMBO being pregnant is that I've got a designated driver! woohoo!!! j/k :D

Yeah, that is true but I am already getting the, you can't drink when the baby is around. She is thinking 1 drink impairs me enough that I will pass out or something :cross:

Congrats man! My swmbo and I have been trying for a while too and it finally happened. She is due around July 9th. Ive been trying to design a nursery using Sketchup and I have a couple ideas but we will see. I want to get my friend to come over and paint a mural on part of the wall to match the theme.

We bought neutral bed set and are using it to base the room design from since we dont know what the baby will be and im getting excited to start another project.

Congrats man! My swmbo and I have been trying for a while too and it finally happened. She is due around July 9th. Ive been trying to design a nursery using Sketchup and I have a couple ideas but we will see. I want to get my friend to come over and paint a mural on part of the wall to match the theme.

We bought neutral bed set and are using it to base the room design from since we dont know what the baby will be and im getting excited to start another project.

Awesome man, congrads to you too!!! The wifey has been pushing me a long with the room. It is coming along though, need one more layer on the ceiling, put the fan/light back in, new closet doors, base/wainscoting/chair rail and crown, then calling it good. We will be painting the chair rail and crown a third color to provide a distinction between the walls and ceiling.

Oh and when I say we, I mean me :D

Yeah, that is true but I am already getting the, you can't drink when the baby is around. She is thinking 1 drink impairs me enough that I will pass out or something :cross:
luckily my wife is cool about that.

I haven't even started on the nursery, but I'll do that on the week between xmas and new years. I'm planning on doing a mural but I've read that it can take up to 60 hours. yikes. I don't think I have that kind of time.

Congrats Humann! Sounds like we were in a similar boat! THe wife and I tried for 4 years with a lot of losses and were about to start the adoption process and then it happened!

That is great news! I am happy for you!

Word to the wise. . . be careful after. The wife and I just had another baby in July so now we have two 13 months apart. We didn't think it would happen. . .but her 'ferementer' seemed to hit it's stride. . . ;)

Congrats Humann! Sounds like we were in a similar boat! THe wife and I tried for 4 years with a lot of losses and were about to start the adoption process and then it happened!

That is great news! I am happy for you!

Word to the wise. . . be careful after. The wife and I just had another baby in July so now we have two 13 months apart. We didn't think it would happen. . .but her 'ferementer' seemed to hit it's stride. . . ;)

haha, that is what I hear, it's kinda like the old "3rd time is the charm" once you get a couple losses under your belt they just start flying out, okay maybe that was too much a visual reference :cross:

So we have progress on the babies room. I got the beadboard up, base down, chair rail on and most of the crown up this weekend. Still a lot of touch up work, but it is coming a long. Oh yeah and I hate coping out that fvckin' crown.

P1050676-650x487.jpg

P1050677-650x487.jpg

so my boy is here and he is almost 3 weeks already. The wife and I have been enjoying our time with him even though we may not be getting much sleep.

Here are some pics of the little guy.

IMG_7368-432x650.jpg

IMG_7359-650x432.jpg

IMG_7425-650x432.jpg

P1050943-650x487.jpg

Latest posts

Back