This book may save your life.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gf is reading this book and says it is great. I am waiting on her to finish it or I may just get it myself

Dude.... I don't think you read the review close enough. Do not get within arm's reach of your gf. YOU'RE GONNA GET SHIVVED! There may still be time... what chapter is she on?

My gf is reading this book and says it is great. I am waiting on her to finish it or I may just get it myself

this is classic! hahahahaha, maybe he is not telling us something about his gf, or what he does with his gf. watch your back zman!

I want to get a copy and carve out a little nook for a handgun. Then it might actually save my life one day.

Shhh It's The Secret!

Well both her dad and both my parents are ex cops. Her dad was LAPD and both my parents were NYPD. There is too much in common as a result for either of us to do too damage to the other. Although an East Coast v West Coast battle Royale could be kinda cool...lol. I am not a self help book kinda guy but it does look interesting.

Did anybody read the comments on Ari's review?? Some of them are as funny as the review itself.

And then there's this guy:

watch

Well I bought the book and so far it I like it. I also do not think that it is such a far fetched concept. Since everything from Beer, Gold, to us and everything between are just the collections of molecules arranged in a particular fashion. It is positive and a re affirmation of the power of positive thinking.
I think the narrator of the You Tube video illustrates negative thinking in that his focus was on the literal as opposed to the metaphor that is being used to illustrate the theory that there may actually be forces at work that we are not fully aware of. I would like to be a fly on the wall in his reality for a day

I read the review first. Whether it is purely satirical or whether this is an actual event is irrelevant. A quick google search did not pull up any criminal info on this individual. I am sure that if it were based on factual events a search would yield more information than regurgitation's of the same review posted on blogs.

I am thinking it has to be a troll posting. Albeit a well written one. However, it does make ya think. Well it made me think.

Hilarious review and, yeah, the comments on the review were great, too!:D I especially loved it b/c I am familiar with this book. It is a laughable "power of positive thinking" for the poor man that says if you imagine what you want really, really, reeeeaaaally hard, then you will get what you imagine. Anyone who bought this pablum needs to stop listening to what Oprah thinks makes for good reading material.

I've been imagining really, really, reeeeaaaally hard that Oprah will choke on a kernel of Garrett's Popcorn (overrated popcorn, BTW) and die, leaving me enough money in her will to buy an endless supply of grain, corny kegs, a B3 brew sculpture and a walk-in keezer. So far, nothing. And I'd just be happy with the Oprah dying part.

the original link posted doesn't work?

btw, one of the concepts is that you can't wish negative things to happen to people (So sorry, Oprah won't choke on popcorn no matter how much you want it :D), apparently it's only things that involve only yourself and what positive impacts you want to happen in your life...

I think it's interesting, but nothing more.

Some of the key elements are being positive and grateful for what you have... trying to remain thankful for everything good in your life and not thinking about the negative... all great things if you are trying to remain positive in tough times... but I'm not sure I buy the whole "universe" deal...

There is another book I've listened to called, "The Science of Getting Rich" which basically is the same as the secret with a more religious (Christian-based) outlook... again, interesting stuff to read, but not too sure you should take it to heart and change your life...

A few guys at work are really into it, i can see why since they always, always, talk about being broke.

Yep, I check the USPS Mailbox Offenders database looking for a 3 time pooper and his name didn't pop up. :D

Really? They have one of those now? Wow. That's interesting. Uhm, now if you'll excuse me, I have some... phone calls... to make...

*flees the thread*

Latest posts

Back