Third Interview..What to expect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalCracker

Reaction score
So I've been searching and interviewing and this particular job has me coming back for a third interview with the CEO (whom I met with on the second) and the CFO.

What can I expect in this interview?

A job offer?

On a more serious note, there aren't many companies that do that many. Google is the only one I can think of off the top.

I'd probably be prepared to discuss benefits, salary, etc in addition to still presenting a professional outlook.

I'm hoping that's what it's for. They told me it should last about 90 minutes. Gave them salary requirements in the second interview. Was also asked when I could start. Received word that I was a one of the finalists this morning and they wanted to have me in again to meet with the CEO again as well as the CFO.

That sounds pretty promising. I doubt most CEOs and CFOs would waste that amount of time with someone they weren't interested in hiring. I'll raise a pint in celebration - when I'm not at work.

haha I'm not cheersing (n.?) until it's a done deal. Still going in with a suit, and will act like it's the first interview. Even though the later in the process the more relaxed it usually gets. Don't want to get lazy.

Expect more of a discussion rather than question/answer. Try to anticipate some scenario situations where they might be trying to decide who can think the best on short notice and adequately articulate a response.

I tried glassdoor and they aren't listed.

I did do some scenario stuff last time. As well as some prior situations and how they were handled. That's why I'm kind of lost on what to prepare for.

I'd hope for a job offer. 3 interviews seem a little crazy to me. Just taking time off of my current work to attend 3 interviews would make me pretty mad about the whole deal.

Good luck nonetheless. That's just more than I'd be willing to put up with.

I have to say I was hoping for an offer after the second. The third was a surprise to me. Was kinda bummed to have to interview again. However it's a good thing I made it to the third so i'm not complaining.

I've done day-long job interviews in the past (those are pretty brutal)

I've done multiple phone interviews (4-5 for the same company)

I've done in person, on Skype, on phone, etc.

I've even waited 6 weeks for a formal job offer after I was told I was hired [That was pretty brutal because I was unemployed].

I think it all depends on the company. These are all in IT.

MC

I had a phone interview. This will be the second face to face.

I am interviewing for another job and that was a phone screen and a skype. Supervisor is from out of state.

Found out that I got the other job, waiting for a formal offer.

Have the third and final interview tomorrow at 8am. Fingers crossed I get this one too. This one is my first choice.

Well I think the interview went well. Lasted a bit over an hour. I am one of two finalists out of 91 Resumes. Told me to "stay close, you'll hear from us by the end of the week". I'm taking that as a good sign. They didn't ask for references or give me a tour like I would have expected. Who knows, hoping to hear sooner than later.

3 interviews is somewhat normal. I've had about that for my current job.

One of my former colleagues left our company for LinkedIn just last week. He had TWELVE...yes, TWELVE interviews with LinkedIn before being hired there.

That final interview was probably just to refresh their memories about you, and to look for any flaws they missed the first time through. Anyone can look good on paper, most people can look good in person for a short period of time, but very few people can keep up a charade for 3 consecutive interviews. They are just looking for the best possible fit based on the remaining candidates. It's probably more about how your personality will mesh with the company than anything else.

I interview a lot. After you've interviewed 50+ people, they all start to look and sound the same. Even so, the best candidates are pretty easy to spot.

Yea that's pretty much what it was. Just a get to know you type of interview. The waiting game now starts..

So was the third interview really an interview or more of a discussion about the new job with an offer at the start?

Congrats!

Back