third batch wort tastes bitter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spam

Reaction score
I just boiled up the lite american ale kit from brewers best. after cooling and pitching I took a gravity reading and tasted the wort in my sample tube ,,,,It tasted like the last 2 brews wort BUT it had an awful chemical like bitterness to it. I know that i rinsed everything well and I took a second taste hours later and it was the same. Is that normal?

I did that same kit as my first brew. why are you tasting it after pitching? I tasted mine before I pitched and it was sweet no bitterness etc. I would not dream of disturbing my brews after I pitch them until I start taking gravities almost 2 weeks later. I got no clue what one would taste like with yeast working but I don't think I would want to know either.

I'm certain you're fine. That intense bitterness will mellow as the beer ferments and conditions.

I taste it via the tap when I take gravity readings,,just to get an idea of whats going on inside there.

Back