thinking about buying this chest freezer....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikesalvo

Reaction score
I would think the temperature controller on this (because its a freezer) is probably set to go from freezing, at its lowest, and nordic tundra at its highest. You'll probably still need to have some kind of temperature controller for it. If you put a collar on it, you can get as many taps as you can fit kegs. Same goes for a coffin or tower design. The possibilities are endless.

Oh...and that may be the longest darn URL link I've ever seen....:mug:

ha ha. I just realized that URl. insane. Kinda torn between this and the 5 cubic ft. Avanti. The avanti is way nicer looking for where I want to put it. Would I need temp control with a fridge to?

No temp control needed with a fridge (the built in temp control is fine). You don't need one when you have your bottles in there, right?
But if you put them in the freezer, that would be a different story.

The benefits of the chest freezer are that kegs fit in there nicely with little extra room at the top--they aren't unnecessarily big. They're also well insulated (because they're a freezer) and keep temps very well without having to cycle on and off.

Back