Think I messed up..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
I'm never going to use sanke kegs just ball lock so I got my conversion kit from birdman and asked for a guide to convert it because I was so confused. I don't know if what I did was a good idea or not.. I ended up snipping the fittings off of my beer line that came with my danby kegerator for sanke kegs and i attempted to put the ball lock nut in the hose, but it is a very very tight fit. I couldn't get it in all of the way but I clamped it down anyways, but now after I did that i am worrying I might leak beer out of there when I put it on my keg? what do you guys think? I have never kegged before and I am kind of just learning as I go so if anybody could comfort me or give me any ideas what to do next that would be great.

leak.jpg

Try taking the line off and then putting the line in warm water. This will help soften it up and allow you to move the line closer to the top. I have also used a flathead screwdriver to put inside of the nut to help drive the fitting into the beer line but be careful to not stab yourself if anything slips.

Loosen the clamp and slide it down. Then run hot water over the hose where it meets the barb and give it another push on.

Relax. These suggestions will get the hose connection more secure, but if you got it on far enough that the clamp has good traction and is biting cleanly on the line, it's probably just fine. Put it on the keg and see.

Sometimes new brewers/keggers get so paranoid about making a mess they get analysis paralysis, but this is basic stuff. Put the hose on the barb, tighten it down with a clamp. Use it.

i'm working on the process of trying to get the lid off of my keg now lol. I think that might need some warm water too.

Back