Things that come out of the SWMBO's mouth!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the Girl was reloading our beer fridge yesterday: "I love how much shorter beer runs have gotten! The closet is way closer than the store."

My favorite: "Just let me clean all your brewing stuff, you barely manage to do the dishes right."

Shes borderline OCD about things like that. But hey, I dont wash bottles or any other brewing stuff anymore. And me doing the dishes is just as rare :)

Im married and in a fantastic partnership with my wife... I am almost forty but haven't been a virgin in 25 years. Partnerships like marriage require both parties to respect each other and what I have. Been reading in this thread is that more oftent than not if you brew you are not as likely to be in an equal partnership. It ain't all or nothing. Getting along with others is a skill that takes effort on both sides.

Whilst this may be true I'm sure that you do things that annoy each other and that you have arguments. This thread only shows one very small part of each persons/brewers relationship so it is hard to say that they are ***** whipped without the whole picture.

I know in my situation that my SWMBO doesn't mind the brewing so long as it doesn't stink out the house and I clean up the mess I make. This isn't ***** whipped this is consideration for each other. I enjoy keeping my SWMBO happy because I love her and I want her to be happy and because a happy SWMBO = Happy me.

When I proposed brewing my own beer: "It's official, you're a true redneck"

My swmbo said nothing today because I sent her to berlin for a girls weekend and I got to drink and brew.

I only had to send mine to MN....she's just happy I switched to all grain so I can stop "messing up the kitchen" and "getting in her way". It's true...and to be completely honest, the cleanup time for all-grain is much faster IMHO. While boiling and between additions, I clean out the MLT, and start to sanitize everything for transfer to the fermenter. With extract the pots and tools just kept piling up on the counter.

When I proposed brewing my own beer: "It's official, you're a true redneck"
That's insulting... there's alot more that goes into it than just homebrewing.

I know. After my first batch 2 weeks ago I told her that all of my biology, chemistry, and various other classes were finally starting to pay off. It only took 24 years after graduation!

BTW, she said it jokingly and supports my new hobby completely.

Wow that sounds like me at leo's place last year
:drunk:

You remember me being there?!?!? I got there at like 11 AM. You were hammered and I think you might have told me you loved me.......................and then told Bob the same thing. :D

Seriously, that was a blast wasn't it? I had such a great time, and I know everyone else did too.

I remember getting there........then it was dark and we were sitting around a fire. Good times

Well, I think there was about 12 hours between you getting there, and the fire. But it WAS great times, that's for sure.

Bob just reminded me with the first time he met you. We pulled up at 11 AM to Leo's, and I said hello and you started yelling something like "Bob! Bob! Get the f#$@ over here!" so he came over. He liked you right away!

few of my favorites

"When are you going to brew, the kitchen needs to be cleaned"

"Of all your hobbies, this one is beneficial to both of us."

After coming home from the bar with the girls
"What did you do to me? Bud Light tastes like $h!t now!"

at a sporting event,
"They don't have any good beer here, did you bring any homebrews with?"

Definately have heard the "When are you brewing again? The kitchen needs cleaned." Not that she doesn't clean but I am just thorough on brew day and after.

Mine said the other day: The whole house stinks like kimchee and kombucha. This is significant because everytime she says the house stinks I buy another refrigerator. I'm up to three.. But she doesn't have to worry about beer fermenting in the tub anymore.

Her: "i'll help you brew tonight"

Me: its kind of late to brew after work...

Her: "i want my apa..."

Mash is going now... :mug:

CHefJohnboyardee said:
Definately have heard the "When are you brewing again? The kitchen needs cleaned." Not that she doesn't clean but I am just thorough on brew day and after.

Its funny you mention that, because mine complains that I better not make a mess, but the kitchen is always cleanest 1) before I brew then 2) when Im done brewing.

Hoping the rain holds off this weekend so I can use the new burner... then I don't have to hear her yipe!

My woman has some sort of allergy to the boil vapors... If she smells hops her throat gets really scratchy and it even starts to close. lol. So needless to say, I brew when she's not home for a day.

Overall, she's highly supportive, and getting quite knowledgeable. She doesn't drink it though.

i think i may be slightly allergic to it to. my nose gets stuffy and on more than one occasion i've gotten a huge headach. and i never get headachs. it's pretty lame, but not enough to make me not wanna brew

Her: (After UPS delivers shipment) "Do you really need more brewing equipment?"

Me: "Did you really need that pair of shoes you bought yesterday?"

Argument averted. (Works with fishing equipment as well.)

A few weeks ago I was leaving for work (24 hour shift) and placed a blow off tube in the fermenter just in case (it was a big beer). The bubbles coming from the bucket were rumbling away.
Her: "What is that noise."
Me: "The beer."
Her: "Holy ****, are you serious?"

Just kegged big brew day porter last weekend...swmbo came home yesterday, pulled a pint, then went to change...comes out in her undies to tell me she loves the beer!! Last i knew, she hated all beers dark Haha

At semi-local brewpub...
to me: 'tastes like citra hops in this (apa)'
To bartender: 'do you know what hops are in this?'
Bt: couldn't tell you if i did...but i think its some sort of citrus hop *wink*'

To me: 'i told you...i don't like citra, let's switch...'

Gotta love her! Learning fast! :mug:

Back