Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a gal come in two weeks ago (hourly employee, different sick benefits) sick as a dog, in her cubicle across from mine, wrapped in a blanket, hacking and coughing for two days. I get sick from her, really sick, double ear infection, infected throat and eyes. I stay home and work from home. But she's now all pissed off that I am telling people she got me sick. Yet this week, she works from home all week. Why they hell did she not work from home when she was sick....

reviving this as a general "this annoys me" thread

new router, I'm reconfiguring all the connected devices in the house and can't get the Foscam camera back on the network. I go to their website and try to log in, but don't remember my login information, none of my email addresses are working for lost password, so I figure I'll just create a new account

I put in an email address which the site says it wants to verify by sending me a verification code I need to enter into their website and it will expire in 180 seconds

this was Saturday morning and I'm still waiting for that verification code

My old job (I just quit yesterday) I had a copilot that wouldn't bathe regularly.

Just hosed himself down with Axe. The showers are less than 20 feet from our room, and you don't even have to go outside.

not co-workers, but the woman who refused to marry my Dad but wants to be known as his wife annoyed me this week

tl;dw (too long, didn't write) I attended my Dad's funeral this week, but was excluded from participating in it and told I was not welcome

so yeah, feeling annoyed and real sh!tty right now

not co-workers, but the woman who refused to marry my Dad but wants to be known as his wife annoyed me this week

tl;dw (too long, didn't write) I attended my Dad's funeral this week, but was excluded from participating in it and told I was not welcome

so yeah, feeling annoyed and real sh!tty right now
Whoa.

Not. Cool.

Sorry, man.

stupid.jpg

Just about had big forklift prongs in the rear quarter panel of my vehicle as I left work today. The "operator" was looking to his right, pulled onto the street without stopping or looking. o_O:mad:

...I'm getting outta there real soon...:yes::ban:

Being the Smartest person in the room most days is really annoying. In the lateral and upper management, there are some really brilliant members of the team, but being top in my offices can be really exhausting.

Some of my team has the ability and potential, but haven't turned the corner. Too many past and prior experiences with old managers who micro-manage and beat them down. Long hard road to undue past experiences. 3 years and I'm seeing some progress.

Then there are the slinkies... those employees that just fill space. No higher hopes. No higher thoughts.

They all say my Homebrew tastes great even when I know a batch is not good.

I just want the honest truth from them!

I do maintenance in a factory. Maintenance guys are divided into PM and Troubleshooters. I'm a troubleshooter, so I spend most of my time sitting around in the shop waiting and doing nothing. There's one PM guy who has a bluetooth loudspeaker and likes to crank up the crappy music and blast everyone in the shop. To make it worse, he'll turn it up and then go to break. It wouldn't be so bad if he just faced it the other way rather than towards the table where I and the other troubleshooters sit. Guess I'll just go camp out in the breakroom.

I do maintenance in a factory. Maintenance guys are divided into PM and Troubleshooters. I'm a troubleshooter, so I spend most of my time sitting around in the shop waiting and doing nothing. There's one PM guy who has a bluetooth loudspeaker and likes to crank up the crappy music and blast everyone in the shop. To make it worse, he'll turn it up and then go to break. It wouldn't be so bad if he just faced it the other way rather than towards the table where I and the other troubleshooters sit. Guess I'll just go camp out in the breakroom.
Intel or Samsung by chance?

Was it this guy?

gqaxm.jpg

You say that you are a "trouble shooter"and you can't figure out that all you need to do when he is on break is to disable and discard?

My current co-irkers are actually decent ppl, and the "new" dep. head is a good guy, we basically run the shop well and as smooth as manglement allows for....

The upper part of the company is getting on my nerves, basic stuff that needs to be improved takes ages and gets send back way too often for minor cost issues even though it will save us bundles in the future

dealing with a customer and it reminds me of the time at Longhorn when I ordered the NY strip, but what they brought me looked like the sirloin.

I asked the server if this was the strip and she said "it should be".

which doesn't really answer the ****ing question now, does it?

Last edited:
no co-workers, just a boss, so I have customers who annoy me

call from customer: this one guy isn't showing up on a report. I'm looking for members who were born in 1949 or earlier, have been active members for 35 years or more and have been with us for at least 15 years. we also want their status to be one of the Retired codes (status code starts with 'R')

my reply: does this guy fit all the criteria?

customer: no

me: ...

There's a guy at work who doesn't understand the concept of "only give the info someone is looking for". Boss calls around in the AM to see what everyone has on their plate work-wise. Instead of just telling him which jobs and how long he has left, he starts explaining intricate processes and issues he's trying to solve, as though this helps boss get ready for the production-scheduling meeting...

If someone from another department asks him about where he's at on a job or an issue, he goes into great detail, despite the fact that none of these people have ever done our job (programming) or have any idea what he's talking about.

People want specific information. Don't give them things they don't need or wont understand. If they want to know more, they'll ask.
you dont happen to work for UGA in the marine science dept do you??? That describes my BIL to a T.

Been working union construction for 26 years. Transferred from Carpenter to Millwright .I could list quite a few co-worker issues.
1) The co-worker who is 23 yrs old...I can't tell you how many times I've been partnered up with not the same guy but all of them at this age. Cocky, loud, belligerent, total reckless person, usually screws something up . Has to announce to everyone of their sexual endeavors. Must be the testosterone at that age.

2)The smoker/pooper- pick one. The guy always has to go smoke/poop when we're just about to go get a truckload of material/tools or start something important,then once the heavy work is done, they show up again and then act like they did something.

3) the suck-ass/YES man. The guy who follows the boss around like a lost puppy ,how embarrassing.

4) The screw up- This guy cant do anything right but feels hes the one holding the job together.

5) the ever present observer- this guy refuses to do anything to get dirty or help in any way, just stands there (in the way usually) watching but gets paid the same as everyone else. Usually the same guy doesn't shut up...ever.
6) The bosses kid- We all know this guy . see also #1,#2,#3,#4 and #5

7)The late guy- every day hes late ,different excuse every time. Must have to buy 3 complete sets of tires a month for all the flat tires he claims to get .
8) the sick guy- comes in with a cough or sneezing on everybody . Seems like hes sick every single day. He will never stay home to get well or see a dr, because "you can't make money sitting at home". Passes it around to everyone so THEY have to go see a dr or stay home.
9) Houdini- only time you see them is start time, break time and time to go home.
10)the "little - man" - short man syndrome 100% .
11) the tool dropper- self explanatory
12)the zero to hero- this guy for some reason that does absolutely nothing ,knows nothing,or is so slow or lazy they make him a crew foreman to get something out of him. He gets a radio ,a 10% raise with that ,and becomes the total opposite . Now he wants everyone to bust their ass and hes all gung -ho . See also #6.
13) the stinky guy- its heavy construction , we all get dirty every day all day , its hot we all sweat. This guy wears the same clothes every day for a week because " hes just going to get dirty again today. "
One word, fella- SOAP.
You could smell him 100 yards upwind in a stock yard.
Dude, just don't come near me, ok?
14) Sybil- you never know which personality youre going to get .
15) the chicken with his head cut off- runs around looking busy , usually overlooks something because hes too busy trying to look busy instead of just focusing on his task.
16)the tool borrower- Everyone is supposed to bring their own tools. we're all told No tools , no job. Somehow this guy gets in ,never has the right tools and ends up going around borrowing tools but never seems to know where they are when its time to bring them back .Or leaves them all over like its a bread crumb trail /easter egg hunt. Dude, go buy yourself some tools. Theres a reason I keep my box locked when I'm not working next to it.
17) the "Cant see it from my house", guy- Leaves things done half-assed . Somebody usually has to go redo it later , usually around the deadline.

Me: Is your operating system 32 or 64-bit?
Customer: Yes.

Me: Is your mobile Android or iOS based?
Customer: Yes.
Customer: I am trying to click on page you sent me, but nothing works.
Customer: The progress line hasn't moved from 60% in over 15 minutes.

Me: Are you clicking on the images/buttons from the link?

( apparently guides with written instructions and images are no good - people expect something happening by clicking on static images on a page )

You get the picture of how my work days go ...

Been working union construction for 26 years. Transferred from Carpenter to Millwright .I could list quite a few co-worker issues.
1) The co-worker who is 23 yrs old...I can't tell you how many times I've been partnered up with not the same guy but all of them at this age. Cocky, loud, belligerent, total reckless person, usually screws something up . Has to announce to everyone of their sexual endeavors. Must be the testosterone at that age.

2)The smoker/pooper- pick one. The guy always has to go smoke/poop when we're just about to go get a truckload of material/tools or start something important,then once the heavy work is done, they show up again and then act like they did something.

3) the suck-ass/YES man. The guy who follows the boss around like a lost puppy ,how embarrassing.

4) The screw up- This guy cant do anything right but feels hes the one holding the job together.

5) the ever present observer- this guy refuses to do anything to get dirty or help in any way, just stands there (in the way usually) watching but gets paid the same as everyone else. Usually the same guy doesn't shut up...ever.
6) The bosses kid- We all know this guy . see also #1,#2,#3,#4 and #5

7)The late guy- every day hes late ,different excuse every time. Must have to buy 3 complete sets of tires a month for all the flat tires he claims to get .
8) the sick guy- comes in with a cough or sneezing on everybody . Seems like hes sick every single day. He will never stay home to get well or see a dr, because "you can't make money sitting at home". Passes it around to everyone so THEY have to go see a dr or stay home.
9) Houdini- only time you see them is start time, break time and time to go home.
10)the "little - man" - short man syndrome 100% .
11) the tool dropper- self explanatory
12)the zero to hero- this guy for some reason that does absolutely nothing ,knows nothing,or is so slow or lazy they make him a crew foreman to get something out of him. He gets a radio ,a 10% raise with that ,and becomes the total opposite . Now he wants everyone to bust their ass and hes all gung -ho . See also #6.
13) the stinky guy- its heavy construction , we all get dirty every day all day , its hot we all sweat. This guy wears the same clothes every day for a week because " hes just going to get dirty again today. "
One word, fella- SOAP.
You could smell him 100 yards upwind in a stock yard.
Dude, just don't come near me, ok?
14) Sybil- you never know which personality youre going to get .
15) the chicken with his head cut off- runs around looking busy , usually overlooks something because hes too busy trying to look busy instead of just focusing on his task.
16)the tool borrower- Everyone is supposed to bring their own tools. we're all told No tools , no job. Somehow this guy gets in ,never has the right tools and ends up going around borrowing tools but never seems to know where they are when its time to bring them back .Or leaves them all over like its a bread crumb trail /easter egg hunt. Dude, go buy yourself some tools. Theres a reason I keep my box locked when I'm not working next to it.
17) the "Cant see it from my house", guy- Leaves things done half-assed . Somebody usually has to go redo it later , usually around the deadline.
All sounds like great reasons to work for a Merit Shop ;)

All sounds like great reasons to work for a Merit Shop ;)
no thanks, I did that once many years ago and again a couple januarys ago. Last one was a window & siding shop, pretty big name. After my 24 yrs in carpenter union they couldnt wait to hire me but barely paid me what I made 20 yrs ago as an apprentice, supposedly I was the highest paid employee there . I did it for a month because it was close. I couldn't find anything, the hall was slow . The revolving 3 lower management bosses I would have on a day to day basis basically told me conflicting things of what they wanted to see, none of them communicated with each other, and in not so many words -everything I knew over my career was wrong. They wanted me to do some real hillbilly **** work ,yet they were charging an arm and a leg . I couldnt wait to leave.

You know that one guy who basically exists to say no to customer requests and obfuscate everything, but if you give him all the info he's asking for it still is never enough, to the point where you just have to go around him to get anything done, and then he gets pissed because you went around him?

I hate that guy.

You know that one guy who basically exists to say no to customer requests and obfuscate everything, but if you give him all the info he's asking for it still is never enough, to the point where you just have to go around him to get anything done, and then he gets pissed because you went around him?

I hate that guy.

Um, yeah, I'm gonna need more info before I can approve that. And I'm gonna need you to go ahead and include a TPS cover sheet, if you can do that, that'd be great.

What annoys me more than anything about coworkers is the tendency for some of them to knock you down so that they look taller by comparison. It's the 20% doing 80% of the work that get targeted by members of the 80% doing 20% of the work.

Listening all day to the help desk person who somehow learned that "especially" and "escape" must have that extra "X".

Expecially
Excape key

Sigh.

Back